Eek! Surely too soon?

Tadpole

Reaction score
Hiya,

Olivia will be six weeks old on Monday and my post-partum bleeding stopped around 3 weeks after she was born. I have started bleeding today and it appears I am having a period. Already :? I breastfeed on demand which is about every 2 -3 hours day and night. With episodes of clusterfeeding as well. Everything I have read indicates that AF shouldn't have come back yet.

My question is this - does this indicate that my milk supply is gonna dry up? As many people say they didn't get their period back till after they started weaning. Anyone else have their AF soon after birth and also continue to bf. I will be gutted if I have to stop as I have just got to the point where it doesn't hurt and is enjoyable. :(

(I did look up this subject but most people are discussing NOT having it back after a length of time whereas I have the opposite problem).

Thanks in advance.

Dont worry hun this happened to me also. Had a period after post partum bleeding stopped a few weeks before. The only one i have had tho due to me having the implant put in.

I am still breastfeeding and TBH i havent heard that it could be an indication that my milk may dry up. I thought that it was 'likely' not to have a period whilst exclusively breastfeeding. So some women do not escape the witch regardless of breastfeeding im afraid :(

Aw thanks. I was hoping to have a few more months AF free. But hey ho. This does explain why I have been a grumpy cow the last few days. Apparently I have been quite unreasonable. (Nah - never :lol: ).

I breastfeed and got my first period when Galen was about 4 weeks old. And have had them as regular as clockwork ever since then. Usually last 2-3 days instead of the 4-5 I used to get before I got PG.

Hasn't affected my milk supply at all. Women can continue to BF fine if their AF comes back when BF'ing. Don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back