Eeek - I have got elephant feet!

AmyF

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, my feet look and feel horrendous. They are so puffy and tingly.

It came on yesterday at work and i went home and put my feet up but they were still the same this morning.

I tried putting my feet up to try and get the swelling to go down but it didnt work - any other ideas?

Problem is, at work I am at a desk all day so cant really put my feet up. I hope this doesnt carry on right the way through.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks Amy

Im not sure what to suggest but it might be good to ring your midwife and let her know your swelling up, she may just want to give you a check over.

Hope you find something thats helps :hug:

Make sure your feet are higher than your heart. Out some pillows under them and lie dow so they are higher. Drink plenty of water (sounds odd, but helps) and let the MW know, you might need a check. :hug: :hug:

get checked out i had very swollen legs n feet with my last baby n i had 2 b checked regularly as id had complications with my 1st baby. ive had pre eclampsia with both of mine but swelling could b anything from overdoing it to being too hot n not resting n the strain of the extra weight u r carrying.
sip water all day as ur swelling should go down once u r rehydrated a bit. sit down n relax with ur feet up 4 a few hours a day, dont walk anywhere u dont have 2.

:rotfl: Aww I can sympathise - I spent most of my pregnancy in Summer/Autumn so was fortunate enough to be in flip flops and it wasn't until I put on proper shoes that I realised how puffy my feet had got! (oh and they don't go down immediately after birth!)

I would definitely have it checked - for your peace of mind if nothing else.

I know we have quite a few 'elephants' on this forum so it is not rare. I've been lucky as I have just recently started to have swell up (I have taken my rings off as my finger was getting red and blue!!! I haven't had more male attention though even though I now look 'available - I wonder why :rotfl: )

Sorry Amy, i can symapthise but i was wearing slippers for the last week as no shoes fitted. i hope it goes soon.... :wall:

When are you coming over to pick up clothes? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back