Swollen Feet and Ankels

angie84

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Rite over the last few days my feet have started to swell and my ankels, they dont hurt.

both my mum and sister had preaclamsisa with there 1st.

should i be worried? ive got midwife on wed should i mention it to her?

any ideas on helping un swell. (i did sleep with pillows under my feet lastnight and didnt really do much, swelling went down a tad)

drink plenty of water and yes mention it to your mw

i do drink loads of water. but they are huge! never had fat ankels and feet b4. :(

does getting a bath help? im afraid the only thing you can really do is drink plenty, put your feet up all the time higher than your heart if poss and possibly to put something cool over them like a cold compress

dunno, but will try. i sit at a desk and deal with wedding dresses etc all day on my feet. thats not gonna help the situation.

no thats deffo not gonna help lol. i hope they go down for you later hun. maybe ask mw about taking baby aspirin too. my cousin has early signs of pre e and has been told to take aspirin

iv had badly swolen hands and feet for few months now, mw says not to worry unless my face swells up oe hands all of a sudden get much worse. defo mention it tour own mw though
bad news is not a lot helps, in the eveings i put my feet up aput a ice pack on them , it helps a little some days

will have a word with mw next week.
i cant talk to my sister or mum about it cause they would only stress and stress me out even more than i am now.
i cant wear 3/4 of my shoes its been flat pumps for about a week. gutted.

I have swollen feet/ankles/calves. Mw said its nothing to worry about unless ur hands and face swell. Deffo mention it to her tho xx

I have pre-eclampsia at the mo, my feet and ankles are like balloons, might be worth ringing your mw just to get your blood pressure and urine checked. Iv had pre-eclampsia with all my pregnancies and its not something i would leave unchecked. But then i am abit of a worrier lol.
Fingers crossed its nothing hun xx

Got mw on wed, so will mention it then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Make sure you definately mention it. I had pre eclampsia. Went for a routine midwife appointment, she checked my BP and urine as usual and loads of protein in urine, with very high BP (it had always been spot on before that). She asked if I'd noticed any swelling and I had a bit on my feet and hands. Went to get checked at hospital and was induced that evening!

High blood pressure is the main indication for it though. Try not to worry about it too much. Midwife will do whatever's best for you. Could just be water retention :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back