ebay scam please read! Nearly happened to me :S

Babylicious

Reaction score
I recently sold a my old contract mobile phone and the winning bidder stuck in a last minute bid, this person had no feedback and ebay records said he was registered in Germany. OK so the auction ends and I then get what I *think* is a paypal email telling me I have funds but I can't have the funds until I give the tracking number to the seller who wants the item shipped to nigera. Anyhow I know at this point its a scam as I don't have the same email address for paypal & ebay (for this reason)

Reported it to ebay and they confirmed it's a scam, so now I've had a load of abuse from this person trying to scam me and I'm thinking of involving the police now as threats are being made.

Just wanted everyone to be aware!

My OH had something similar a couple of years back, but without the threats. He has learnt from that to put the listing as UK only.
I think people from places like this do it with mobile phone listings. Keep them as UK from now on. :hug: :hug: :hug: I'd inform the police if they're getting threatening.

Report them to ebay for the abuse and get the police involved if they are being threatening. As if you dont have enough to deal with!

oh that sounds sooo familiar, write a strong email to ebay, i did the same in an almost identical situation, about 24hrs later, the buyers account was deleted by ebay my fees were refunded and i sold the i pod to the second bidder

I had simuilar a few months back, I had exact same as you and ended up havein to change my email address as I kept gettin harressed despite me sending a email in huge letters saying I know your con artists now fook off!
I relisted the phone 5 times each time got caught (ud hav thought Id have learnt after the 3rd but ebay promised it wouldnt happen again!)

After a lot of complaints I eventually got my fees refunded and sold phone elsewere as I wasnt allowed to contact the next bidder

what do these forigen scam artists think we are..thick or something!?!!

I have gone on maternity leave now but where i was working i did all the ebay work and it was selling things like iphones. There are so many scams when it comes to selling phones its untrue and sadly alot of people fall for them :( Unfortunatly Nigeria has a really high rate of scamming and every order we ever had throught the main website from Nigeria was fraudulent.
LisaJ1986, i also stopped listing with international postage (although they still dont read the listing and bid on it :wall: ) that cut down alot of the scams!
I also NEVER ship anything out to an unconfirmed address on paypal, as with phones and stuff its usually a sign someone has a stolen paypal account. Also i think its really unfair that sometimes ebay dont remove a user...even though they are total con artists and we cant even leave negative feedback to warn other buyers!!! Makes me so mad :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back