• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay reserve price help

Minime

Reaction score
Whats the score with this?

I put a bid on something which started at 99p. My max bid is £20.00 which I'm more than prepared to pay. I'm the only bidder and obviously it says I've not met the reserve price because my bid is 99p :?

What happens if nobody else bids yet I'm prepared to pay more but ebay thinks I've bid 99p?

That's weird... usually I'm sure it puts your bid up to your maximum bid... :think:

How odd.

I suppose if it gets near the end of the sale and nobody else has bid, you could always contact the seller?

Just to let you know though, I don't believe you can put reserves on anything for less than £50, so I'd say they may well want more than £20.

That is odd tho. Contact the seller towards the end of the auction I'd say, if the situation hasn't changed.

Its worth lots more, I'm prepared to go up to £130 but I just put an initial bid on of £20 but ebay says my bid is 99p

because it only goes to the next minimum bid amount.. where as youre entering your maximum bid... if you get me? lol so if someone else put in a big of £5.. itd go to £5.10 and theyd already be outbid, similarly if they went higher...

i think if you put in more than the reserve, it tells you and the bidding goes to the reserve price

Hmm...

43333987ct8.jpg

As found on ebay community forum. Doesn't help much but it was the only post I could find and at least it's normal.

Weird though.

even though the starting bid is 99p they can put a reserve on it. you may find that if you put in a max bid of £100 and the reserve is £50, then that is what the bid would say.

So if I bid again say £50 and thats the reserve price it will say my bid is then £50? Hope so as its a collection in person only item literally on my doorstep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back