• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eating rubbish!

madam bully

Reaction score
As long as you are getting a balance by eating some fruit and veg each day then chips and ice cream will be OK but probably not long term because of the fat content.

Maybe you could still have your chips and ice cream as a treat after having some more healthy food during the day, I found that helps me, as long as I have brekkie, a good lunch and fruit and veg every day then I allow myself my crisps! :hug:

Yeah I;ve been like this for ages, but I'm getting all the vitamins etc I need so I'm not too worried!!! Only problem is losing the excess weight afterwards :x

By the way, chocolate and chips are lush, I had that craving when I was pregnant with Kieran!!!

I haven't weighed myself for ages but I know that I'll have put on a lot of weight. I was been eating loads - not necessarily unhealthy food but just tons of everything! I'm not worrying about it just now though - I'll work on losing any weight after baby is here. I do eat a really balanced & healthy diet and I'm not wanting quite as much because I get full up quicker xx

Your pregnant....dont' stress about what your eating. I agree to try and have something healthy daily (and are you taking a pronatal vitamin to help that too??) but I've eaten good sometimes and then had weeks of junk, I've gained 1.5 stone since getting pregnant...not bad going for 31 weeks really given anywhere up to 4 stone is normal. Enjoy being pregnant, don't worry about the ice creams, I'm getting through thousands of them every week...I'm not joking!! :oops:

CalamityGem said:
What I've been doing is eating well during the week and having my chips on a Saturday night... that way I have something to look forward to during the week... sad?!

I was taking folic acid but stopped after 12 weeks which I thought was what I supposed to do... I then heard that you should take it right the way through so I've started taking it again. Should I also be taking vitamins?

I've only just started taking pregnacare after all the girls on here recommended it.

I didn't know you had to take folic acid right the way through? My midwife said til 12 weeks? :shock:

Everyone's different with this - I only took in the first tri because that's when you need to take it. I don't take any vitamins now because I eat a healthy balanced diet and would rather get my vitamins naturally from food. I think pregnacare has folic acid in them anyway, but I may be wrong x

I started to take pregnacare early on but my dr told me that they have no idea what effect it would have on baby and to stop taking it. I'm beginning to think he's a bit of an idiot......

CalamityGem said:
Hi girls,

I'm starting to get a bit worried about my eating habits... my craving just now is for chippy chips and Mars ice-creams (although not together obviously!) :oops: . I'm trying to ignore it as that surely can't be healthy to eat all the time but now my sickness is dying away I'm just glad my body and baby actually wants food.

I'm drinking loads of water and I'm making sure I'm taking in lots of calcium and eating green veg and some fruit every day. I'm staying away from the things I shouldn't be eating like blue cheese, shellfish etc. My midwife told me not to worry and that baby is like leech and will take whatever it needs from me.... but I'm slightly worried that maybe my eating isn't as good as it should be.

Is anyone else worrying about this?

just eat what you like. you can lose the weight after. enjoy your pregnancy - their is loads more importnat stuff going off inside your tummy than worrying about a mars bar

LinsG said:
I started to take pregnacare early on but my dr told me that they have no idea what effect it would have on baby and to stop taking it. I'm beginning to think he's a bit of an idiot......

Really? But I though all it contained was vitamins? I amseeing my midwife later so will ask her.

I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to sell a product to pg women without it being safe?

My eating habits are terrible, always have been, have had a eating disorder since i was about 15 and I hav found it so hard, i never have ate healthily and i do feel guilty on baby at times...people getting on my case about it doesnt help..people have said 'O your baby will come out deformed' and things like that :cry: which really upsets me..i just think eating anything is better than nothing, the baby will take all she needs from me, so only I will suffer i hope :cry:

I've been taking sanatogen pronatal all the way through, along with the special omega-3 for pregnancy that sanatogen do. I don't eat enough oily fish (not much of a fish person!), and I know omega-3 is really important for baby's development.

But don't take a normal cod liver oil supplement, it has to be a specific pregnancy omega-3. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, so I'll just check with her, but I think it's absolutely fine to take a pregnancytt multivitamin all the way through.

Obviously eat healthily aswell, but I guess it just supplements with any vitamins that your diet doesn't give you enough of.

With regards to the junk food, I'm craving chocolate and cakes at the moment, and I let myself have maybe 1 a day, as long as I eat my healthy stuff aswell. It's strange, because during the 1st tri, I couldn't stand to eat chocolate and was craving savory things, now it's completed flipped round!!

K.xxx

princess_h said:
My eating habits are terrible, always have been, have had a eating disorder since i was about 15 and I hav found it so hard, i never have ate healthily and i do feel guilty on baby at times...people getting on my case about it doesnt help..people have said 'O your baby will come out deformed' and things like that :cry: which really upsets me..i just think eating anything is better than nothing, the baby will take all she needs from me, so only I will suffer i hope :cry:

That's abit harsh of them. Are you eating any fruit and veg? maybe you should try pregnacare then if you dont feel your baby is getting enough of what it needs?

xxx

I agree with Frangelle, take a suplement like pregnacare or sanatogen pro natal and just try to eat anything else you can. Your baby will take what he/she needs.

I hope it wasn't anyone in the medical proffesion who used the word deformed as they should know better. And if it was someone who isn't then their opinion is just that, an un-educated opinion, don't let it worry you!

frangelle said:
LinsG said:

Really? But I though all it contained was vitamins? I amseeing my midwife later so will ask her.

I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to sell a product to pg women without it being safe?

Thats what i thought too. I was going to ask midwife when i saw her in a few weeks

Pregnacare and Sanatogen Pro-Natal supplements contain vitamins and minerals which are safe for consumption during pregnancy (the companies would be in a lot of trouble if this wasn't the case, as they are marketing it to pregnancy women).

The importance of taking folic acid within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy is to reduce the risk of the baby developing spina bifida - the first 12 weeks are the crucial time - so it doesn't matter whether you continue taking folic acid or not after that time.

Definitely do not take cod liver oil during pregnancy, as these preparations also contain Vitamin A, which is harmful to the baby, and this vitamin is omitted in Pregnacare and Sanatogen Pro-Natal. This is also the reason why we shouldn't eat liver, it contains too much vitamin A. If you wanted a fish oil supplement, go for the Pregnacare Omega-3, Sanatogen Pro-Natal Omega-3 or Mum-Omega supplements.

I started off eating nothing but healthy food but bigger the baby gets the more I crave chocolate. I have started buying mainly healthy food again but I have to have my stash of chocolate.

Vickyleigh said:
I started off eating nothing but healthy food but bigger the baby gets the more I crave chocolate. I have started buying mainly healthy food again but I have to have my stash of chocolate.

Yes! Bought a load of chocolate yesterday!!!

I've never been to keen on chocolate but I can't get enough of it. Infact I have a rather large bar of cadburys dairy milk double choc next to me right now, normally it's caramel but baby fancied a change :)

I was a chocoholic but kinda lost it when i got pregs, now i seem to be able to manage mini milkyways, how's that for dedication not to quit :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back