• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eating Habits?

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
Just looking to find out if there's other people out there that are like me and dont eat any fruit or veg? I hate the stuff ever since i was a child i was forced to eat it, now its totally put me off eating it, the only thing i eat is apples and thats at a push, i'll drink fruit juices and things just want to know if anyone else has this problem? and is there something i can suppliment it with instead of fruit or veg???

thank you :)

A good vit supplement will make sure you get everything you need. but could you cope with adding veg to sauces?? Like making a chicken curry and hiding some sweetcorn in it?? - you know the way theysugest you do for kids sometimes?

xxx

Tbh you can probably get away with specialized vit and min supplements for pregnancy while you.re pregnant, but once little one is here and you're doing family meals etc.... It's going to be hard to convince them to eat healthily if you're not. Why not try introducing things now gradually so that you have a more balanced diet once little one comes along. You don't have to eat EVERY vegetable and fruit out there, but a couple of them should surely be possible - especially if you know it's for the good of your little one.

A good vit supplement will make sure you get everything you need. but could you cope with adding veg to sauces?? Like making a chicken curry and hiding some sweetcorn in it?? - you know the way theysugest you do for kids sometimes?

xxx

I couldn't even do that lol i'm that bad, i had chicken fried rice the other night and it put me off eating because there was onions in it :( xxx

Soups if u can tolerate those and blend veg in with lots of flavour and nice bread? U won't see it do much in soup xx Fruit and ice cream is a good one? X

thats what i mean though i just wont eat it at all wether its mixed in or not, just hate veg all together same with fruit :-/ so i guess i'll need to stick with the vitamins things, thanks everyone xx

If it's a psychological thing then it can easily be changed with a bit of hard work hun. Forcing kids to eat stuff is never good and there's also that little thing of food phobia.
The difference is that now you would be eating them because YOU want to, not because you are being forced to. You obviously don't mind the taste so maybe get someone else to make pureed veg soup for you or make your own smoothies. Take it a little step at a time and you could be munching on carrots before you know it xxxxxxxx

id try and find a way to eat some kind of veg n fruit cos your baby will learn these habits off you and end up with the same issues. better to confront it now when you have the best motivator behind you

If you are gonna take a supplement, take pregnacare as that has everything you need specially for pregnancy. As you know we're not allowed too much vitamin A and you might find that a normal multivitamin has too much of this for a pregnant woman. As for the diet its not totally all about fruit and veg - though they are important. Carbs are good for you too things like pasta and potatoes and unsweetened cereals (all wholegrain, complex carbs obv :p) and getting lots of protein and also calcium for babys bones. Have you thought about what it is you dont like about fruit or veg? Is it the taste/texture/smell?? Theres so much to choose from nowadays and your body definitely could do with the extra vitamins. I love fruit but I'm strange when it comes to veg (I dont like it cooked, gotta be raw lol). xx.

What about hypnotherapy reilly? We have bad food phobias in our family and I've considered it in the past but in much better than I used to be. Dh is having to try something too but he's just fussy rather than phobic xx

I'm the same with veg, not so much with fruit but I can't stand veg, the taste or textures. I'm taking pregnacare vits to compensate for this xx

Yeah i just hate the taste and texture its just eww disgusting lol....gonna try that pregnacare sounds like the best thing just now :D xx

If you are gonna take a supplement, take pregnacare as that has everything you need specially for pregnancy. As you know we're not allowed too much vitamin A and you might find that a normal multivitamin has too much of this for a pregnant woman. As for the diet its not totally all about fruit and veg - though they are important. Carbs are good for you too things like pasta and potatoes and unsweetened cereals (all wholegrain, complex carbs obv :p) and getting lots of protein and also calcium for babys bones. Have you thought about what it is you dont like about fruit or veg? Is it the taste/texture/smell?? Theres so much to choose from nowadays and your body definitely could do with the extra vitamins. I love fruit but I'm strange when it comes to veg (I dont like it cooked, gotta be raw lol). xx.

My daughter will only eat RAW veg, tossed in bin if cooked :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back