early test strips.....cheapies, do they work?

emmab1150

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wanted to know if anyone had bought these?..........trying to save money and regular testing is expensive as I am sure all you ladies well know. Do they work, they are advertised as 10hgc?...........what do you think? :wave:

come on ladies...............i need to know what you think.........has anyone used these or am i wasting my time? :think:

When I was in TTC forum, I know there were mixed reports on these. Some ppl said they got a result 7dpo and some said they never got a + on them when they were pregnant.

My personal experience is I used them every month for about 10months and never got a + cos I didn't get pregnant. The month I got pregnant, I used an early one (10mIU) the day before AF due (11dpo) and got a negative. Then the day after AF due (13dpo) I used a tesco hpt (normal 25mIU) and got a +. I then did a digital later that day which was again positive. So I only used one early hpt on the month I fell pregnant, so cannot really say if they completely dont work or just dont work as early ones. Wish I'd used one after I'd got + on others then I'd be able to tell you more.

I do think though, that if you are a POAS addict you are better to used ebay cheapie ones as it'll cost you a fortune if not. And maybe keep some shop ones in the cupboard for if your AF is late.

Good luck and hopefully you will get your +hpt soon.

thanx for that.....I will try and save the spangly ones for if i want to double check.....driving me crazy not having periods to chart cos of pcos.....................a magic wand would be good! :wink:

They worked for me but the line was so light compared to tescos, asda and clearblue.
They are good if you are a poas addict!!Like I was :D

thanks klee.....................should arrive tomorroe so will test................. :wave:

Emma, have you tried ovulation sticks, I always the cheapie ebay ones (called OneStep) and they always worked fine. Because you are not having regular periods I can understand why you would never consider shop bought ov.tests, but the ebay ones will be cheap and might be worth a try if you are wanting to feel like you are actively doing something while waiting for your period (to not show up because you're pregnant!!! :) )

I got a faint positive the day b4 AF was due on a cheapie, then took another cheapie later on that night, again with another slightly stronger positive so confirmed it the next day with my FMU using a clear blue digital.

thankx guys....have just bought a bumpa pack......................i really appreciate your time, keep your fingers crossed, would like to be a mummy again sometime soon :clap:

i tested on those lil cheap 89p strips from home bargains at 11DPO and got the faintest, faintest line, so faint i thought it was my imagination. the next day it was still super faint but a digi confirmed i'm pregnant. when i was testing after my miscarriage there were no lines whatsoever, not even the faintest of faint, once the hcg was out of my system :)

For the first couple of weeks of pregnancy I liked testing so I bought packs of 3 from poundland and they worked perfectly :)

I used ebay cheapies and I think they detected a bfp at 25mIU.

They started showing a faint bfp line from about 10dpo.

However the line was so faint...that it wasn't until 14dpo that i got a clear result on a cheapy tesco one.

I think ebay cheapies (ovulation and bfp tests) are a good for POAS (like me)..otherwise it can be a very expensive past-time/mind-preoccupation/compulsion.

I got my BFP on these, and used them for a couple of days before investing in a Clearblue Digital! I found them very accurate and they detected my pregnancy around 8dpo so as early as they state!

I also used cheapie OPK's and got my BFP the first month using them, so Im all for ebay cheapies!!

Good luck TTC

I got a BFP with a cheapie two days before my AF was due...... exactly one year ago today!! :) The line was very strong even though it was two days early so I'm sure I would have got a faint line if I'd have tested a day or so before too.

I didn't believe it so I still went out and got some digi ones just to make sure but they were all BFP's so in my experience they did work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back