Early signs of labour?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi... Was wondering if any of you have any experience in signs
Of early labour. Im almost 38 weeks and had alot
Of loose bowel movements & cramps. My first child i wAs induced. Feel like a first time mum.
Any advice is great xx

I had both with my first - particularly the loose bowels!! Both good signs xx

I don't recall having loose bowels, but had cramps for a few hours and then contractions began x

I had loose bowels for 48hrs before my waters broke then contractions started. Good luck

I lost my mucus plug with my children the day of but no other signs it was straight to contractions and then baby. I never even experienced a Braxton hick until this pregnancy. Today I'm lethargic, no appetite, and just feel ugh so been lying down all day maybe signs, I'm not sure this baby surprises me with all kind of stuff. Hopefully it's the start for you.

Hi thanks everyone. Think i may have had a bug... Nothings happening. 2 weeks left woohoooo hope ur all well xx

That ball has given me Braxton hicks everyday this week, I'm so done with it lol. Give me the real thing or nothing at all. I'm just going to be patient and continue on with my daily task and labor will start eventually because extra pain is not worth it to me.
So hopejoy try the ball while reading or watching the tv for an hour or so it may get you moving.

It is slight torture isn't it, I remember with my first I had a good week of regular braxton hicks, loose bowels and throwing up and I lost tonnes of plug too, this time I have lost plug a few times and I have had loose bowels for about bloody 3 weeks so I am done getting my hopes up hahaha! Other than that I guess just waiting for the nice intense painful contractions to hit :O x

I wish I had the loose stools Flexlexi but I'm constipated ugh . But yes bring on the real contractions even though I am so scared of that pain I prefer the real deal. Wish we had gas and air because I really don't want the epidural but not sure I can endure without anything.

Ahh being constipated and pregnant is NOT ideal is it! Grr!

Won't you have access to gas and air once you're in labour? What about pethadine? xx

I hate the constipation part :(

Do you go straight from nothing to epidural? X

Not sure what pethadine is but they do offer a pain med through i.v. but it causes you to sleep and after 2 hits your body becomes accustomed to it so it's not worth taking. No we don't have air and gas.

MrsB yes straight from nothing to epidural as long as you are in active labor. I love the immediate effect of the epidural but with my last daughter I could feel pain in my spine for six months so I just don't want it again. Really made nursing uncomfortable. I'm aware I may break down and get it though haha :)

Toni - pethadine is like diamorphine, I had it with my son as gas and air makes me sick and it is the next step up before epidural.
Epidurals scare me for the exact reason you said happened to yourself, I am scared of the damage they can cause.
I am shocked that they don't have anything pre epidural for pain relief x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back