Early scan vs dating scan

Jacq23

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just appealing to those of you who had an early scan.

I had mine today and was convinced I was 7 wks 5 days, but measurement on screen today put me back to 6 wks 4 days. I am refusing to believe it as I have tracked everything in my diary meticulously including AF, dates I took Clomid and every day we DTD :shakehead:

My question is did your dates differ from those given at the early scan? And then what happened at your dating scan?

Basically I'm hoping loads of you will say you were right and the dates went back to yours at the dating scan! :roll:

Jacq x

im interested in this too. im 7+1 according to all my calculations and i was dated 6+3 today - although she did say that the measurements at this stage are so small that itys hard to be precise so i should stay with my 7+1 until further scans

Thanks Jojo, that is reassuring as the wait til 12 weeks is agonising isn't it? If I am further along it will feel like I'm getting there quicker. She did say to me it could be a week either way. I'm telling you now it is NOT 5 weeks, we stopped DTD in the first week of June!

i know what you mean. but she said even being a little out can change your date dramatically at this stage. apparently 16 weeks is the best time for anj accurate dating

ui woyuldnt worry about it or dwell, but i know what you mean... its like youve been set back a week and youre nopt as close to that 12 weeks as you thought

Tri hopping - I had 2 early scans and they put me back about 5 days to a week if I remember correctly( I had been tracking everything and knew I was 7 weeks) then my dating scan was then put forward 2 days from my date that I thought. X

I was put forward at my early scan by 4 days which didn't make sense to me, but will see what happens at the 12 week scan next week...

Thanks mrsolly, just what I wanted to hear! x

I had a early private scan at 7+6 and it brought me one day forward to 8 weeks.

Hey, I had a scan last week and during the same scan she gave me 2 different results ( think first was 5+4 and second 6+4), her first measurement was 3.5mm and second 6.5mm. To be honest because of the discrepancy I haven't taken too much notice. I've got my dating scan on Wednesday so will see what they say then.

Like you, I know when we dtd, and also I tested at about 3+5. I wouldn't have got a positive result if they are saying I'm a week further behind than I think.

with my daughter i had 3 early scan all measured exactly the right weeks apart went for dating scan i was meant to be 14 weeks i was put back to 12 weeks i think it depends on how quicker baba grows lol xx

I,ve had 2 early scans first I was dated 5 weeks then exactly 2 weeks later I was dated 8+1 it gets more accurate at your dating scan x

Scans early on aren't accurate for dating. I had early scans with this pregnancy I think at first my eDd was 24th January it was 20 something anyway it's now 11th January I got put forward at every scan apart from my dating one. With my son we had a private scan around 7 weeks was given a eDd 22nd December every scan after that was 17th x

I've also had this and was put a week back. She checked twice and said 6+4 give or take 3 days. I'm a little worried now because if the dates are more than 3 days out it'll be past my screening because I've got my scan late on in the week when they think I am 12wks

I had a early scan and put me back on my dates then when I had dating scan was put a week forward to what I expected to be

I'm now 29+ 3 & I still can't figure out quite how! My dates have always put me back to Xmas eve, however there is no way I had sex between 20 Dec & 1 Jan. I had an op on the 20 Dec & was told they'd done a pregnancy test before the op. So they either lied & didn't, or it was negative or it just didn't show. Either way I definitely didn't have sex after the 20 Dec. Plus I'm having a boy & I know boy sperm dies within a few hours so I must've been pregnant prior to the 20 Dec, but my dates don't reflect this. Girl sperm can last for a few days apparently. Weird, never mind all that matters is that there's a baby in there!x

They were slightly with the dates on my early scan. When I had my 12 week scan they put me to the date I originally said xxx

Thanks again ladies, this is all pointing towards what I was hoping for!

Jacq x

I was put back and like yourself found it hard to believe because of my dates ect, my periods are very accurate every 21 days without fail and lasting for about 3 days so for now i'm sticking with my dates until I have the 12 week scan in August

I had the exact same thing a week ago. Scan dated me 8+4, I thought I was 9+3. I was using the clearblue fertility monitor so know when I ovulated and we dtd the day before that so know my dates are right. Just hoping my scan date comes through for between 12-13 weeks otherwise if my dates correct thy wont be able to do the nuchal test.

Hi here's my pennies worth....

I had an early scan at what gp said was 8 weeks (based on LMP) based on dates of dtd I thought I'd get put back a week and low n behold the scan person out me back to 7 weeks

I had another early scan today n they put me forward 6 days so basically 1 day out from my original date

Confused? Lol! I'm totally confused! They said to go by today's date n at my 12 week scan ill get my official EDD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back