• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scan, no heartbeat yet. Is this normal??

flower

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to this forum, and would really appreciate some advice. Went to my doc today and she did a scan. I think I am only four or five weeks pregnant. The sac was totally visible, but no heartbeat yet. The doc says it is just beacause it is too soon, and that I should go back for another scan next week. Does this sound normal? I was so happy before but now im a bit nervous but not sure if im just being silly???? I really appreciate any advice! Thankyou!

Hi flower welcome to the forum :wave:
if i remeber correctly i dont think the heart starts beating until about 6 weeks, so it sounds right to me.
Im sure if something was wrong the Dr. would have told you.
Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way :D

Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess i was just getting really worried over nothing! Hopefully next week when I go back i will be able to see a heart beat!

I had early scans with both my babies hun, had scan at 5 weeks no HB had another scan at 7 weeks and thats when they spotted the HB.

Try not to worry too much hun xxx :hug:

Yes, the girls are right, you don't usually see a heartbeat until 6/7 weeks.
Your lucky you even saw a sac this early :hug:

Charm X

Phew...Thanks guys. At least I can relax now! Everyone on this forum is so nice and helpful, i really appreciate it!

I had a scan at 5 weeks and they saw a sac but nothng inside and saw nothing til 6w4d where they saw a HB xxx

Hi

I have read that its around 6 week for heart beat not to worry hun and welcome.
Katrina

yeh i thought the same. hope everything goes well and you hear the heartbeat next time loud and clear :) x

Thanks... I feel so much better now. Im going back on Tuesday, so hopefully will see the little heart beating by then! All my symptoms have been getting stronger each day, so I guess thats a good sign! Im so excited!

good luck flower, hope all turns out to be ok :hug:

I think it's a case of being a little too early to detect it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back