Early Scan - Getting Impatient!!!

First time mum

Reaction score
Hi Girlies
Hope you are all okay today and there is not too much sickness about.

When I went to the doctors last Wednesday (1 week and 1 day ago), he said he would refer me to the midwife and ask for an early scan, he said this was because I am over 35 (I'm 36!, just) and with it being my first pregnancy.

I was really chuffed with that as I want to know everything is okay.

However, I havent heard a sausage since and I'm getting a bit impatient!!!, I really want to have this scan asap, do you know when I can expect to hear? (i'm 7 weeks and 2 days)

hi first time mum!
congrats on your pregnancy!
i am only one day in front of you!!
sorry cannot shed any light on when you will get your scan through but i hope it is soon!
i had an early scan on sunday last week as i had had a scare,it was not nice what happended but was very reassuring to know bean is okay and have my mind put at rest!
when i went to see my gp to get my scans etc booked in it took about a fortnight before i got my appointments through,my first "proper" scan is in 3 weeks time,i will be 11 weeks and 3 days,you may find when you get yours they will change your dates! i thought i was a week in front but i got put back 6 days!

take care and hope you soon get your appointment! :hug:

Hi First Time Mum!

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my scan date to come through and I can relate to how your feeling - I just want to know that everything is ok. I'm driving myself mad at the moment trying to be calm and then going into a panic worrying something is wrong!

Hopefully we'll both hear soon - I have decided if i haven't heard anything by saturday I'm gonna chase it up with midwife.

Take Care xx

Hi There :wave:

It's the most annoying thing waiting for your scan date.

I would give them a call to chase as they said you would be having an early one; you'll be at 12 weeks at this rate before you get one.

Good luck :hug:

Clairebear
How cool is that, you being one day ahead of me , is it your first baby?
I sooo want my scan - arrggh !! I'm pretty sure on my dates, so will be very suprised if they put me back etc.

Carlyr 874
I'm not the only one waiting then! I hope you know more at the weekend.
Think I have decided to leave it till middle of next week, if heard nothing by then, will def chase up.

Like you said Tina & Gabs, its so annoying and I will be 12 weeks before I know it.

I REALLY want to have it no later than week 9.
I also havent had any sickness (although feeling queasy sometimes and knackered) but not actually sick, so that is worrying me as well as not sure whether that is good or bad. I know everyone is different, but until I get my scan, I keep thinking the worse and can't help it.

We have also decided to tell parents this weekend and so even extra keen to know everything is okay

I'm such a muppett!
Clairebear - just seen on your signature that it is your first child - Fantastic!
Do you feel brave enough to put your ticker on? :hug:

i had my scan date through last week, and it was 2.5 weeks before the appointment, on 29th July

I am 9 weeks tomorrow - first baby!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back