Early labour?!

jem8789

Reaction score
Right I think i'm losing the plot but this is my first baby and i have no idea what I'm doing.

I've had back pain for the last hour, just down my right hand side but it's constant, no position change is helping and i'm in the bath and it's still just as bad. Paracetamol should be kicking in soon but I can't see it helping. It's about an 8 on a scale from 1-10.

Google freaked me out talking about premature labour (i'm 28+1) and i'm definitely having braxton hicks. Not painful, but definite tightenings.

Is this labour? Who do I call? Hospital or midwife? Or do I wait to see if it goes away?!

I would call your midwife or maternity unit to get it checked out.

Good luck x

Last edited:
Spoke to the maternity unit and they're not worried about it at all. Said to keep taking paracetamol and take it easy, but if I get any unusual discharge, bleeding or cramps then to call them back or go straight in.

Doesn't help the back pain much, but at least I can stop worrying a bit!

It's always nice to have peace of mind by checking with them x

Hi I went into hospital last week with the same type of symptoms at 33 weeks as paracetamol didn't help at all! And a bath made it worse. It did go away eventually and babies heart trace was fine. They put it down to baby laying on a nerve or trapped wind. It was so painful like a constant dull ache with pains coming in waves aswell. I couldn't talk through each wave of pain, so now I'm wondering how I'll manage labour!
Hope it goes away soon x

I had back yesterday, lasted about 10 mins but was enough to take my breath away and make me breath like it labour. I too questioned my ability to cope during labour!!

Yep, OH has been laughing at me, saying I'm in for a shock come actual labour in May! Silly man.

The pain has gone now, but I was really struggling for a while. The midwife at the maternity unit was so lovely, she didn't make me feel at all stupid for calling them. Just hope I can get through a work week without it happening again

Some say trapped wind is worse that contractions, imposing this is the case for us!
I'm glad the pains have stopped, but I hate to say it you're probably going to get it again. I've had it two more times since last Sunday! It definitely has something to do with babies position for me. Xx

Oh no Chrissi don't tell me that!! Haha well at least I'll know what it is next time. Baby is clearly not fussed, my little acrobat is just gearing up for tonight's antics

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back