Early days & everyone knows!!

CarlyD

Reaction score
Hey :)

So yesterday morning out of curiosity I did a cheapo out of date pregnancy test that was laying around my parents house (as you do!) and it came up with a reeeally faint positive line.

Told the other half, who keenly went and bought me 2 clearblue digitals with conception indicator, which I did yesterday afternoon and this morning. Both came back pregnant 2-3 weeks! So technically that would make me 4-5 weeks gone? By doctors standards :p

I'm not 100% convinced by this as I technically haven't HAD a period, I had my mirena taken out 5 weeks 4 days ago (if my memory serves me right!) and had bleeding a couple of days after that but had read that that can happen when it's taken out and wasn't necessarily my period... So all I have to go by is that conception indicator really. I would love to know exactly as if I'm 5 weeks that means baby's heart starts beating next week! :D

Sooo anyways my mum comes over this morning, dropping off some bits, and spots the pregnancy test box I not-so-cleverly left out! Oops. She then tells dad and my brother, my other half complains it's not fair my side know and not his, so he tells his mum, step dad and brother lol.

SO this leaves me, possibly only 4 weeks gone, and everyone knowing and getting excited! I'm sooo scared of mc, although my mum said there's no history of it in my family, it would just be awful. I wanted to keep it in until I'd at least had a scan at 8-10 weeks or something :/

I'm also getting married in 6 weeks! I just about squeeze into the dress as it is, so no 'eating for two' for me lol xD

Anyway hello everyone :) I realise this was more of a rant than anything useful... But thanks for reading!!

Firstly, congrats!!! :good:
Secondly, not much you can do about it now!! If the worst did happen at least you'd get a lot of family support xx

Thank you :) I feel very lucky! Yep everything's just crossed. Feels like it will be forever until it's all real and official and I'm showing etc! Other half bought me a kitten yesterday (with his insistance that I dont go near the litter tray) so no matter what happens I've got her! :) xxx

Welcome! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

welcome, congrats and good luck x

Hey i am exactly the same as you!!! took a cheapo test but it was very stong pregnant line, took 4 more clearblues which say 2-3 weeks and my other half told the whiole world haha, i am so scared of something going wrong i didnt want anyone to know but i am getting excited now!! plus if I am about 4-5 weeks then that means my baby will be born around my birthday in march.....which means I concieved around the same time as my mum did with me! weird....good luck to you i have already picked baby names and everything!

i found out when i thought i was about 6 weeks told everyone lol loved the attention, then sat back and thought what if i mc but 7 weeks later i've had my scan and everything's fine! it's pretty common to worry about it, the oh's mom even said we should've waited but to hell with it, it's exciting times :) congrats x

congrats and welcome. Hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy. It's natural to worry but just try to enjoy the OH running around doing everything for you. lol. My DH is fab like that! Defo stay away from the litter tray an get talking some folic acid. Congrats again. You'll gt lots of support on here so nay probs, just talk to us girlies :) x

congratulations!! I was planning on only telling our parents, but my oh has gone and blurted it out to everyone at his his work! haha, im so tempted to tell some of my closest friends, but only the people I would feel comfortable telling if I had a mc. Im 6 weeks gone :) and congratulations on the wedding! You must be so happy right now :yay: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back