Ear Lobe Expanders...

I wouldn't say they are difficult, they aren't even time consuming. When I was getting my anchors done the girl before me was getting her ear stretched. Took all of 15 mins, it's just that it's not the easiest thing done if you have NO EXPERIENCE of it.

I mean, I wouldn't even think about tapering bonnies ears. You can buy plugs in any body jewellery store.. shouldn't cost more than a tenner depending on the size and style etc.

My piercer does the stretching for free... but you have to have had your first plug done there and pay for your follow up plugs etc. And I honestly couldn't estimate how much it would cost for the first one... you should go into a local studio and ask about it. Most piercers are more than willing to talk you through the procedure.

How come hes not gonna proffesional place to get5 it re pierced?? You shouldnt be doing it chick, and dont try to taper it when itsw just been pierced thats not a good idea :?

he recons its not totally healed but needs a good shuv through *shudder* and trusts me to do it :roll: love how i get the job lol.

ill re pierce it but wont risk that...iv told him to wait a few weeks before he tries it with the stretching thing so it can heal a bit

I'm going to disagree with most people and say stretching can be done at home.

I worked as a piercer for a while and we used to just advise to stretch, leave for a month and then put the next size up in. If it's healed there is usually always a bit of give in your lobe and the next size usually just pops in no problem. I'd never bother going to a piercer or it, especially since some of them charge for something that isn't even needed!

I'd say never go for more than the next size up though, that's when you run into splitting issues! Jewellery goes 1, 1.6, 2, 2.4, 3, 3.2, 4, 5 then up in 1mm incriments. Follow the sizes and its pretty easy and painless to do.

As for repiercing, who hasn't shoved something through a hole that's closed over a bit? :lol:

xmcnickyx said:

I worked as a piercer for a while and we used to just advise to stretch, leave for a month and then put the next size up in. If it's healed there is usually always a bit of give in your lobe and the next size usually just pops in no problem. I'd never bother going to a piercer or it, especially since some of them charge for something that isn't even needed!

I'd say never go for more than the next size up though, that's when you run into splitting issues! Jewellery goes 1, 1.6, 2, 2.4, 3, 3.2, 4, 5 then up in 1mm incriments. Follow the sizes and its pretty easy and painless to do.

As for repiercing, who hasn't shoved something through a hole that's closed over a bit? :lol:

so is it just a case of easing it through?

xmcnickyx said:

OH stretched his at home, he had the first bits done professionally but then accidently bought the wrong size flesh tunnel and stretched it more - makes me shudder. His friend however wanted his stretched there and then and it split :puke: I do love OH's piercings but not a fan of the flesh tunnel

Slinky Sarah said:
so is it just a case of easing it through?

Pretty much. If it's healed well enough it shouldn't be too much hassle to stick the next size in. As long as you don't get over eager and try it too soon it's pretty easy. Between 1 and 5mm, stick to rings. BCR's (ball capture rings, the professional piercing type) have a rounded edge and so aren't too sharp going in. After 5mm or when tunnels/plugs are used it's a bit more blunt as you either have a screw on end (tunnels) or a blunt piece of plastic/metal/glass (plugs). You can get rings beyond 5mm but they look a bit daft.

Another way of doing it is to get weights. Get a normal ring and a weight to hang off it which pulls the hole a bit. Looks ridiculous but works. You buy the weights from piercers.

I split my ear a bit (I was using a straw and a load of rings to stretch one of mine - not a good idea!) and it's healed fine. Maybe I'm a bit reckless but I've done all kinds to my ears and although they'll probably never go back to normal, they're perfect holes now (they stink and look like saggy cats arses but they're well healed!)

beanie said:
OH stretched his at home, he had the first bits done professionally but then accidently bought the wrong size flesh tunnel and stretched it more - makes me shudder. His friend however wanted his stretched there and then and it split :puke: I do love OH's piercings but not a fan of the flesh tunnel

I think of all the piercings I've had, my tunnels are my favourites. I'd happily take the rest out and keep them, I love the look of them so much.

xmcnickyx said:
(they stink and look like saggy cats arses but they're well healed!)

hahahaha you have summed up why its not my fave piercing.

xmcnickyx said:
beanie said:
xmcnickyx said:
(they stink and look like saggy cats arses but they're well healed!)

hahahaha you have summed up why its not my fave piercing.

lol, do you ever catch the smell of it? :puke:

not if I can at all help it - though OH does tell me that his ear really stinks - nice!!!!!

I wear kaos in mine and they dont smell anymore. :cheer: :cheer: I stretched mine at home. Tbh I dont know anyone with stretched lobes that hasnt done it at home. As long as your carefull and get all the info. Like not leaving the taper in as an earing (that makes me so mad) and dont wear acrylic untill its nicely healed then youll be fine doing it at home :D

On the subject of Bme. Anyone on http://iam.bmezine.com/? if so I'm Rach!eRay on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back