E Bay

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hi all can i ask do any of you buy clothes of there for your little one's its just that i get quite a few things off there like that its not that im too tight to go out and buy them new its just that i dont always see the sense in buying brand new for them to outgrow them so quickly as naughty as i am i have been bidding for a few items of clothes off there (god my o/h will kill me if he finds out)!! :evil: now i feel like a right cheapskate for buying second hand clothes etc to put my kids in or am i just being stupid? :wall:

your being stupid lol

Theres no harm in buying second hand clothes.
I got given alot of clothes off my mums friends when I had zack.
That was a life saver!

Baby clothes are going to be washed millions of times,
have sick all down them and they grow out of them really quickly.

So I dont see much point in spending £20 for an outfit that their only going to wear a few times before it gets to small.

Go for it girl BID BID BID! hehe :D

I agree, most of Rubie's clothes are secnd hand. She would have worse clothes if I bought them new because I would only be able to afford really tacky stuff. Buying 2nd hand means they can have lovely clothes without the huge price tag. :D

I've bought some vests & things off Ebay. We've been lucky that alot of our friends have bought us clothes as prezzies so haven't needed to buy alot.
I think its sensible. :D

I would go for it, i have brought some clothes of ebay and so as my mum, but i'm lucky cos we have had alot of clothes given to us, and my nan works in a charity shop so she picks up stuff from their for a couple of quid. Don't see the point of buying brand new clothes when they are only going to wear them a couple of times

Plus think how good it is for the environment! I'm all for saving resources (as well as money!) where we can! :clap:

LittleMinx said:
Plus think how good it is for the environment! I'm all for saving resources (as well as money!) where we can! :clap:

lol thats true... and if your OH finds out about you buying loads of stuff on ebay Flossy you can say your helping the environment :wink: hehe

don't worry about getting things off of ebay.
I have bought a lot of items from ebay - just check out peoples feed back make sure they have good feedback.

I have also bought clothes from car boot sales, next and gap items almost brand new for £1!! and not £15.

I don't see the point in spending a fortune on baby clothes, when they only wear it 10 times

I have had some fantastic bargins off Ebay, second hand shops and hand me downs......I wouldnt feel bad, they outgrow them so fast. I just bought a Gap sundress and hat and knickers off Ebay for £3 inc delivery.
I justify buying so many clothes as they are so cheap 2nd hand!

iv bought beth loads of clothes off of ebay recently some second hand and some new still with tags on all really really cheap. i bought some vests for the new baby a few weeks ago and was really annoyed coz they were out of shape had holes in and all sorts :evil: wasnt impressed but luckily now i know its a girl i wont need to buy anything anyway as a friend gave me loads of white baby clothes as she had her little girl 5 months ago and she didnt know what she was having and i have all beths old stuff too :lol:

theres nothing wrong with it it makes sense means you will have more money to spend on the little ones! :D

You can get LOADS of lovely baby clothes on ebay brand new and for half the price you pay in the shops! i.e baby monsoon..i would never pay the full shop prices for something that would fit my little un for 2 weeks!!! and you get loads of stuff on there and yesterday i found out why!!.went to bicester village, it has all the designer shops but the outlet prices...went into monsoon, buy one get one free and all the baby clothes were half the rrp price, so i bet people go to outlet places and buy the stuff and sell it on ebay and make a tad of a profit!! its great..i got a DKNY bag for £50, and a DKNY purse for £10 from the DKNY shop brand new!!! went into debenhams today and looked at the DKNY bags and purses, found the purse i got £35, and the bag i got for £95!!!!! they have timberland, ben sherman, ralph lauren (kids and adults), karen millen, etc etc etc its great!!!!! i think im going to go back , buy loads of stuff like the dkny bags and sell them on ebay, id make loads of money. 8)

So novel ending YOU ARE NOT A CHEAPSKATE now i have seen that i dont think i will ever be able to bring myself to buying anything in the normal shops now lol!!!! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back