Dull ache..........

bute69

Reaction score
The last few days I've had a dull ache at the base of my cervix. Not so much when I'm sat down, but is there when I'm on my feet. Is this normal growth pains??

I have been having the same thing, been ranging from what you have described to a dull achy with sharp pains on and off. Started to get really uncomfortable last night and this morning it was constant so got a little worried. I called the assessment unit at my hospital and they said to come in for check over.
Everything was fine thank god, I wasn't contracting and my cervix was not dilating. No water infection, blood pressure and temp all good, heartbeat nice and strong etc so was given some paracetamol and sent home. Basically has been put down to ligament pain. Trying to keep my feet up and rest as much as poss now and take it easy for good few days, feel like it's getting a tad worse right now actually but not as worried now. I guess it's all part and parcel of growing, stretching and changes etc. They also reckon I'm a week ahead to what I thought! So 27+3 apparently now! Only a week out so not too bothered lol back to original given due date now. :)

But if you feel in your gut you want a second opinion, don't hesitate to contact your MW or hospital assessment unit, they are always more than happy and ready to give you their professional opinion which will put your mind at ease :)

Take it easy for few days otherwise and hope you feel better soon! I know a back massage wouldn't go amiss for me! ;D

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I probably do too much, as have horses, so muck out and am on the go. It's a little better this morning, and baby was kicking for Britain last night! It's such a job to know what's normal when it's your first pregnancy.

i think we all have pressure pains on our cervix when baby goes head down. mine has been aching since 28 weeks and the pain gets sharper the further down and the bigger baby gets.

I have it too hun, just pressure from the weigh of the baby

Thanks again for the reassurance. Has been a little better today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back