Duffy - Yay or Nay?

mummykay

Reaction score
Watched that Diet Coke advert with Duffy singin on a bike - God her voice annoys me cos it sounds like shes singin out her nose!!!

Loved Mercy when it came out but now I find myself flickin channels when she comes on, jus wanted to know what y'all thought cos Im bored :lol:

Love her! Think she is sooo talented and very passionate and driven about her music. Shes ace! :D

I can not stand her. :shakehead: Well obviously not her as i dont know her but i hate her music :lol:

Her voice grates on me :puke:

Im not a fan of people who have fish eyes, they are so far apart :lol:

Haven't voted as all I know her from is the advert.

But....

I did think it was an old woman singing before I looked up at the telly, then I thought it was an advert for a sore throat remedy. When I realised it was a Coke ad I glanced at the OH who said "Aye it's that Duffy lass. She really sings like that."

Epp :rotfl: Sorry Duffy fans ;)

Cant stand her nasally voice :shakehead:

And the way when she sings live...she pushes out the last note so it goes on and on...but it sounds forced iykwim?

I voted Impartial, but to be honest I hate her voice in the Coke advert. It's terrible. I thought it was a joke at first. She sounds like E.T the alien.

Having said that, I do like her music in general (Mercy and warwick avenue or whatever it's called) I'm not too bothered by those songs. It's just the coke advert :puke:

Potbelijo said:
Haven't voted as all I know her from is the advert.

But....

I did think it was an old woman singing before I looked up at the telly, then I thought it was an advert for a sore throat remedy. When I realised it was a Coke ad I glanced at the OH who said "Aye it's that Duffy lass. She really sings like that."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That really made me laugh!

I like her, I think her album is good and the songs are well written (don't know if she wrote them herself or not..), but it's one of them albums I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs ifywim.

Though I have to agree, that advert really doesn't do her ANY justice, she does sound awful in it! :lol:

mummykay said:
Watched that Diet Coke advert with Duffy singin on a bike - God her voice annoys me cos it sounds like shes singin out her nose!!!

Loved Mercy when it came out but now I find myself flickin channels when she comes on, jus wanted to know what y'all thought cos Im bored :lol:

I think im the same

I loved Mercy but now.... i duno

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back