Dry Skin

adele88

Reaction score
Since keyan was about 10 weeks he has had like dry skin all over his face at the top mainly and all over his head it kinda looks like flakes I went to the doctor he says its just baby eczema and gave me a cream but the cream doesnt seem to be helping at all anyone got any suggestions on what would help?

Have you tried cradle cap shampoo? Paige has eczema on her face and cradle cap on her head and its flakes on her hair. Dentinox shampoo is great. Its starts working from the first time you use it. I cant offer much advise on the eczema as paige is having to be swaddled at night and wear a hat 24/7 with a mass amount of epaderm cream on her at regular intervals. :/ a bit tiresom but it helps. My doctor gave me loads of different creams and washes to try so maybe go back and ask to a variety. Hope it clears up soon.

Have you tried cradle cap shampoo? Paige has eczema on her face and cradle cap on her head and its flakes on her hair. Dentinox shampoo is great. Its starts working from the first time you use it. I cant offer much advise on the eczema as paige is having to be swaddled at night and wear a hat 24/7 with a mass amount of epaderm cream on her at regular intervals. :/ a bit tiresom but it helps. My doctor gave me loads of different creams and washes to try so maybe go back and ask to a variety. Hope it clears up soon.
no i havent tryed any shampoo for cradle cap as i thought keyan was to old to get that but maybe not. what you described sounds like exactly what keyan has his head is the worst to be honest and the wee flakes in his head looks awful. i will get some of that shampoo tomorrow defo do you get it from boots or tesco or something?

Lacey didn't get it until she was a year old! I couldn't find the shampoo in boots earlier but I know asda def do it!

we use olive oil at the moment Alex doesnt have huge flakes but it is getting worse only prob is it leaves him looking very oily and can only do it when he is at home and it takes ages to soak in

thanks chaz i will try asda later on then

yeah thats the same as keyan i just put it on him after his bath at night then wash it off the following day but it just doesnt seem to be clearing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back