dry and flakey..... (warning may be TMI)

Little miss pink

Reaction score
....nipples.......... Is anyone else having this problem?

I've never had this beofre but for the last 3 weeks by nipples have been really dry and flakey and i keep oiling and moisturising them but it doesn't help.

Does anyone know what causes it. Is it normal? Does it mean my boobles arn't doing what they should be so i might struggle Breast Feeding?

Any ideas?

LMP X

I've hears a few girls mention this before so im pretty sure its perfectly normal :hug:

My nipples havnt been dry but the rest of my skin is!! It's so dry it's itchy, i hate it!!!!!

Our boobs all seem to do different things when PG, some dry, some sore and cracked, some ooze, it all seems normal and has no real negative outcome on the end result. I doubt it will affect your ability to breastfeed at all.

Yeah, mine are a little flakey :oops: I've just been moisturising as normal and I hope it will go away!

C xxx

Mine are very dry and flaky too but it is normal so don't worry and it shouldn't stop you breastfeeding normally.

Yep! I have this too! I use bonjela because they are quite sore and it numbers and soothes the area (also adding a bit of much needed moisture!!)

Hope they UNflake soon lol x

claireyfairey said:
Yeah, mine are a little flakey :oops: I've just been moisturising as normal and I hope it will go away!

C xxx

ohh yes mine are too! ive just ben moisturisng! hehe

Yeah I had this its really odd, i even had a bit of weeping :(

I would reccomend Bio Oil so highly it turns that into PAMMIE boobs lol!!!

xx

Oh phew its not just me then! Mine are weeping too :roll:

Its sometimes not very graceful this pregnancy milarky :roll:

I'm trying to drink more too but i hate water so this is hard

I hope all our flakes clear up soon....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

LMP x

i was just having a read in here when i found this post and had a sharp pain in my booby at the same time so had a look at it and just noticed i'm getting dry skin around that area too. i'm sure it wasn't there yesterday. just thought that was really weird then finding this post and noticing i have dry skin too. glad to know we're all experiencing it anyway guess i'll just have to moisturise a little more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back