been to the drs

rusks

Reaction score
went to the drs this evening and got my pregnancy confirmed have filled out a form and now have to wait for the midwife to ring me where she'll arrange a booking in appointment. the dr said he has to assume i am 7 weeks, due to LMP being on 23rd september but i know that will change when i see the midwife so will keep my ticker the same.

he did say cos of the problems i had with luke i should be under an obstretrician throughout and i should have more regular growth scans than normal which i think i will be relieved about as don't want to get a scare like that again at 36 weeks.

fingers crossed though it will all go smoothly. :dance: seems more real now!!

I'm wondering if I will get monitored closely this time or not as Maddison was low birth weight :think:
Glad all is confirmed and hope you get MW appointment soon :hug:

Congratulations!

I need to go to the doctors soon - been putting it off until my mum knows so she can come with...I best get a move on though because my doctor gets booked up weeks in advance, and Im funny about stuff like this :(

Snuggle said:
I'm wondering if I will get monitored closely this time or not as Maddison was low birth weight :think:
Glad all is confirmed and hope you get MW appointment soon :hug:

did maddison have IUGR (intra uterine growth ******ation)? sounds awful but it basically means that they are in proportion but small. it turned out at my 36week appt i measured 30 weeks and when they did a scan discovered that my placenta was giving luke insuffient nutrients and all the supply was going to his head, we were told he would be born with a large head and i was booked in for a c section the following week. we were terrified i ended up going into labour 2 days before my c section date so had to have an emergency section, they said i couldn't have had him vaginally as he was too small to cope with the labour also he was breech anyway and i had no fluid left.

it was all very scary considering up until then i had had a easy pg.

i have to say also he wasn't born with a large head he was perfect small and gorgeous.

but for this reason i am worried about this PG as there was no reason for it to have happened, i didn't drink or smoke and we have a good diet, so it was a mystery.
:think:

My daughter was born 11 days earlier, weighing in at just 5lb 10oz. Because of this, I had all the extra consultant checks, and extra growth scan at 32 weeks, and everything was fine. Son arrived on due date, weighing in at 9lb 4oz :shock:

As you can understand, I am a little bit scared how big this one is gonna be :eek:

I was never told the reason Maddison was so small :shock: I figured they would see if placenta had stopped working but n ever heard anything again. I will talk to MW about it when I see her as she may be able to find out for me :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back