• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Driving in the last few weeks

Hazel

Reaction score
For all of you that are in your last few weeks how much driving are you doing?

My insurance runs out when I'm 35 weeks and tax and MOT are due when I'm 37 weeks. I don't know whether it's worth me waiting until after baby is born to renew it.

My DH has a car also so we wouldn't be stranded but I don't want to feel trapped in my house. I'm not really using the car very often now as I have nowhere to go anyway.

I did my test last week (didn't pass :( ) and was fine to drive. I've decided to stop lessons now until after LO arrives but thats just due to not wanting the undue stress of learning, I was actually still enjoying the driving itself.

Alex xxx

I didn't drive the last weeks of pregnancy as a) my attention span went out the window (a common pregnancy thing and not good for driving) and b) it was really uncomfy and trying to use the clutch meant my bump banged the steering wheel.

I was more a liability than safe so felt better as a passenger only.

I'd say avoid it if you can personally. Its really distracting having a BH when driving or LO giving an almighty boot when about to turn right :roll: Plus if you are not really going anywhere anyways, just enjoy being at home, get as much rest as you can and relax :) Who needs to sit in traffic on a hot day anyways :lol:

We stopped with our second car when I was about 30 weeks PG. Only have the one now.

I'm still driving, but it's really only short journeys.

I cant really walk up to the health centre for MW appointments and now i have to go to a different place which is even futher so i need to drive for that, i also drive over to Dave's or to tesco and if we go to the pub i will drive us so he can have a couple of pints.

My bump doesnt get in the way at all, but BH make using the pedals uncomfortable, and like sherlock said i do find my concentration isnt what it used to be. I'm also realyl jumpy now, i used to be one of those twats that drove too fast and was happy to weave in and out of traffic but now i'm the one people dangerously overtake cos i'm doing the speed limit, and i'm over cautious.

I am still driving to coffee mornings etc from my anti natal class, we try and car pool as much as possible though.

i think it's nice having the choice of staying at home o getting out and doing things.

sandi

Think it's more hassle than its worth to wait unfortunately?! It's against the law not to tax your car unless you declare it as off the road, your insurance might be ok to risk but the only time I've had to use my insurance was after an old guy reversed into it outside my house. Its a pain that your not using the car and its money sort of down the drain but I'd check the legel side of things before you decide to risk it. Hope that doesnt sound bossy! I realise I'm in a funny sort of mood :oops:

I would never drive without insurance :shock: . I drive for a living so not even worth the risk.

It seems pointless having a car that I'm using once a week. I drove it Saturday but only because I thought it might need starting.

I've spoken to insurance and they said no probs and to ring them when I want it insured again and won't lose no claims. Easy to SORN it, just fill out form on internet and will arrange MOT for end of Aug.

DH has a car also so really don't need to be running 2 of them and saves paying out for it until Aug.

I'm still driving as much as i usually do, it hasn't effected me what so ever and i couldn't live without the car.

I drove right up until I popped then 2 days after I got home :D

also your car cannot be parked on a road if you have no tax will need to be on your land or you risk it being towed away and impounded by the police

I live in a village so I reckon I will drive up until the end as otherwise I would be stuck here! Luckily I have long legs so even with my big bump at the moment, I am still quite far away from touching the steering wheel with it :D

In your situation hun, you are probably right not to pay out for it if you are not using it, its just a waste. Personally Im still driving as much if not more than before, cos Im getting lazy now and driving my son to nursery in the morning when its only a ten minute walk :oops: I just get so tired so quickly that Im driving everywhere. I know its lazy, and bad for the environment, blah, blah, but I couldnt do without it at the moment, plus will need OH to take me to hospital in it when I go into labour as we only have the one car...certainly not going in his work van!! :shakehead: I like to be able to go out when I want and not have to rely on someone else or worse still, public transport :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back