off to buy a family car today!

hayley

Reaction score
wish me luck... i'm being sensible this time and taking the car seat with me... after years of driving my little clio's (which i loved) to get my no claims up to a decent figure... i finally got 5 yrs and was able to afford the insurance on my own little sporty convertable - which i got then found out i was pregnant 3 weeks later!!!! now the car has to go....

i'm thinking a renault scenic (but don't fancy the wait for a new one - not ready till oct) or a citreon C4... i fancy the nissan jeep (well i think it's nissan)... we're after something that isn't too big for me to drive but big enough for DH. (boot to fit pram, shopping and golf clubs - maybe not all at the same time - otherwise we'd be after a tank)

x

Good Luck Hayley

We traded in our Citroen C2 a few months back for a Hyundai Matrix!!!!

It's ideal for us with baby coming along but it feels like such a granny car.

Let us know what car you get :D

just don't come back with one of those agricultural vehiclesthat seem to be the craze at the moment! :roll:
Can't wait to see what you get!

im married to a 'boy racer' shall we say - tho he is a gd driver but r 'family car' looks like its been to the plastic surgeons of the car world!

everyone said to him that when i had the baby we would need a sensible car - i dont think he knows wot one of those are lol :lol:

still, as long as its safe and gets from A to B i dont mind what it is! :D

hayley said:
i'm thinking a renault scenic (but don't fancy the wait for a new one - not ready till oct) or a citreon C4... i fancy the nissan jeep (well i think it's nissan)... we're after something that isn't too big for me to drive but big enough for DH. (boot to fit pram, shopping and golf clubs - maybe not all at the same time - otherwise we'd be after a tank)

x

We bought a scenic as the family car and it lasted 3wks and we went back to the garage to get our Honda CR-V back!!

The scenic was doomed I tell you - we had it a week and my hubby went over a speedbump and cracked the sump - which ment insurance job and pi**ing oil out everywhere!!

The boot isn't that big either... well not for what we need - buggy, shopping and hubby's army gear (he's in the TA).

We looked at the C4 - and I think it is a better choice! I also like the Vauxhall Zaferia.

But to be honest soooo chuffed that we have the Honda back!

S. xx

Wow talk about baby preping purchases, next to moving house that's also got to be one of the more pricey things on the list. Good luck hun, hope you find what you're after. So much for the high flying lifestyle and owning a flash car and welcome to the sensible, baby dribbling, screaming, trying to get stroller in the boot of your car life change :rotfl:!

We have a Hyundai Tucson which is great but last year some twit went into the back of us and the car was in for repairs for months. In the mean time they gave us a Zafira. Bloody marvellous and if we could change it we would. Loads of boot space, really economical and you've got a 7 seater if you need it :D

I think I'm going with the citroen C4 - 5 door... i like the 3 door better! looks more sporty.. but we're being practical... and the boot is huge.. and the car seat fits perfectly in the back... Plus it's only £19 more a month than my little convertable.. plus it's brand new... we're getting a good deal because DH uncle works there... it's a family car that doesn't look like a bus...

I've been out off the scenic - too many people have told me bad stories...

I took the managers out to test drive - the top spec.. silver gear stick, silver steering wheel, leather seats, (why do they do that!!!!!) also it's a 2 litre when i'm going for 1.6.... anyway! i nearly drove the bloody thing into the railings before i'd even got onto the road.... the look on his face was priceless...

Never gone for a brand new car before... should i demand chocolates or flowers when i pick it up - milk it..... :D

hayley said:
I think I'm going with the citroen C4 - 5 door... i like the 3 door better! looks more sporty.. but we're being practical... and the boot is huge.. and the car seat fits perfectly in the back... Plus it's only £19 more a month than my little convertable.. plus it's brand new... we're getting a good deal because DH uncle works there... it's a family car that doesn't look like a bus...

I've been out off the scenic - too many people have told me bad stories...

I took the managers out to test drive - the top spec.. silver gear stick, silver steering wheel, leather seats, (why do they do that!!!!!) also it's a 2 litre when i'm going for 1.6.... anyway! i nearly drove the bloody thing into the railings before i'd even got onto the road.... the look on his face was priceless...

Never gone for a brand new car before... should i demand chocolates or flowers when i pick it up - milk it..... :D

Your gonna have to show a whole lot of clevage to get any star treatment I think :wink:

does bum cleavage count? :rotfl: struggling to keep my maternity jeans up baby is so low!!!!

x

Picked up our "family" car tonight, an Audi A4 estate, its great, so much room!!!! Dog in boot and loads of room for babies stuff when s/he arrives :cheer:

Its not new-4 years old but the newest car we have ever had, just drove it home, an hours drive away, I was terrified incase I crashed it!!! :shock:

OH was having to pull me out of the bucket seats in our old sporty Honda Prelude, any longer and he was threatening to make me wear his climbing harness and set up a rope & pulley system in the drive to pull me out!!! :rotfl:

Enjoy new car!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zoe c said:
Picked up our "family" car tonight, an Audi A4 estate,

Thats our car!!!!!!! Ours is an s4 but when you are scared to go above 30 like me it doesnt really count. Its a fab car isnt it. Loads of room but not really like an estate. We havent had any major bother with it in the 2 years we have had it and its a 't' reg. Its a lovely jewel green. I never thought I could ove another car after our Nissan 200 (which I never got to drive as I was only a learner) but I learned to love again.

Enjoy!

Ooo, sensible you Hayley! I can remember how excited you were when you got your little sporty number so this must have been hard, but it sounds like you got a bargain!

Oh, and don't forget - familiarise yourself with the car this time...... You don't want to be calling someone out because a thief has stolen a side window, only to find it's been rolled down!!!! :rotfl: See, my pregnancy brain does remember some things!!!!! :rotfl:

Like Zoe, we have just bought an estate! I am so jealous Zoe- Audi's are gorgeous. I have a focus estate and it's gorgeous to drive. Doesn't feel enormous and is really nippy - if like me you like to drive, this does so beautifully. I have owned a citroen picasso and it was so slow. Also gave me really bad backache and not really that big. Also hugely thirsty and very uneconomical - lasted three months and then I bought a fiesta. Like you, I then found out within a month of buying that that I was pregnant and so now own my lovely estate. As Zoe mentioned, there is loads of room and bear in mind you will not have to 'climb' into your car which you may find with the larger/higher vehicles. Good luck with your decision. I would recommmend second hand though as you can get some real bargains. Fords in particular because they are common! I paid £5000 for a 2002 model with 30,000 miles. I think that was a bargain anyway :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OMG tankett - i forgot about that!!!!! thanks for the reminder :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i'll explain for people who didn't know me then....

I hadn't had my new sport convertable for long when i took it for a nite out... pregnant and not drinking I was the taxi driver... i parked my metal baby outside the front doors of the pub (in fact on the kerb i couldn't get any closer) when i came out the side back window (which is a tiny triangle) was missing... i couldn't see any glass anywhere so thought someone must have stollen the whole piece... called the insurance company to report it... spent the whole next day looking for someone who could replace the window and the plastic frame - which seemed to be missing too... i finally got someone to come out after 15 phone calls, 6 hours of waiting in and lots of tears.... the man came out and took one look at the car and asked me was i taking the P*ss.... the window was down!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: DH nearly killed me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back