driving and gestational diabetes

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
i havent been on this in ages we havent had internet as we were moving house so hi again everyone.

random question but today baby was so low down it pained me to drive so was wondering is it true you shouldnt drive when ur 8 months pregnant? im not quite 8 months yet but already struggling.

2nd question to catch up on lost time- ive had 2 urine tests with sugar in both so i had to have my fasting bloods taken and waiting on results to see if i have gestational diabetes, i know a bit about this but anyone shed any light on how it affects baby?

thanks.

I can only answer the first question!

I'm still driving with 3 weeks to go. I'm not finding it painful but more uncomfitable under my ribs. I can drive about 10mins then the rib pain kicks in and nothing shifts the pain. I'm meant to be going to my friends daughters 1st birthday party on Sunday but it's a 45min drive one way, don't think I'll be able to handle the drive!
If your finding it too uncomfitable then stop!!

Hi Ive just been told last wed I have gest db....been to see consultant today as I now have started meds and have to start on insulin injections once i hit 6 months...HOWEVER the consultants have assured me it will not affect the baby at all!

If it wasnt managed the baby would grow far to big too fast and this would trigger my body into thinking I was ready to give birth a lot sooner than the baby would be ready....but otherwise the meds and the face I have diabetes will not make any difference to the baby...hope that helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back