dreading the journey!

GBLiz

Reaction score
The other week we drove 5 1/2 hours to scotland with Anjali and it was ok, because we were both in the car and one of us could sort her out if she was crying

But next weekend I have to drive up on my own with her (and the cat!)

Im dreading it because i wont know what to do when she starts crying!

On the motorway its just too dangerous to pull onto the hard shoulder dont you think?

What would you do on a long journey, if she's screaming should i just try to ignore it and stop at the next services, even if they're ages away?

Ive done a few journeys of 1 1/2 hours with her on her own and they were ok cos she only woke up 10 mins from the end but that 10 minutes screaming was bad enough!!!!

Is she into a pattern with her feeding yet? If she is I would stop half and hour before she is due a feed to change and feed when she would expect it, the most likely reason she will get herself into a paddy is because she wants milk and wants it NOW :D

I think you've got to be aware that your 5 and a half hour journey is going to take alot longer on your own, with stops factored in. I know it is heartbreaking but if she does start crying you will just have to leave her until the next services or you can pull off safely at a junction.

Good luck, hope it goes ok for you :D

no she doesnt have a feeding pattern really, i just feed her when she's hungry ....best i can do is feed her just before we go and hope i get a fair distance before she wakes up :?

the cat's good with travelling , as long as i dont stop! f i stop the car to feed Anjali, the cat will start miaowwing too!! :wall: :lol:

I would stop every hour or so, check where the services are first and plan your whole journey.

Can you put her in the front with you so you can at least reassure her?

We have done a few long journeys with Eva, the only thing I can suggest is to try and give her a feed as the very last thing you do before you leave. As long as Eva isnt starving the motion and drone of the car keeps her asleep or nearly asleep inbetween feeds. We managed to get to kent from here, about 4 hours with just one stop about a month ago, and I woke her then to feed and change her to get her through the next leg.
Good luck, I am sure she will be fine :D

when we went on long journeys with james he'd usually sleep most of the way, I think he was a bit older though.

good luck!

well, today i had to do a journey home, 1 1/2 hours there, just to pick up a letter :wall: then 1 1/2 hours straight back....so that was 3 hours and it wasnt too bad.....i tried to ignore if she was just grizzling but stopped once before she got too hungry to feed her....unfortunately she doesnt sleep deeply at all in the car, she just dozes a bit and stares around....got back and shes flat out now lol

I'd say the same as the others, make a route including services and add an extra half hour/hour to your journey time! We went to Devon with Ryan (3 1/2 hours I think) and that was including a half hour stop at the services..! And when OH's mum asks when we are going up to Scotland, I just give her the evils.... :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back