dr recommends ....

jiesta

Reaction score
Hi girls, first of all i'd like to say thanks for all your messages since i posted about my missed miscarriage, it helps so much to read all your posts :hug: :hug:
I went to the drs today as i miscarried at home on 27/28 Dec and when i spoke to the hospital they offered no help except told me to do a pregnancy test 2 weeks after, so i asked him to refer me for a scan to check its complete which he has, but i was shocked when he told me not to ttc for 6 months!!! :shock: I was planning on ttc after next period and now it has me worried that if i am lucky enough to conceive before 6 months and god forbid something does go wrong then i will feel guilty for not waiting!!!
It has made me feel worse :(

Hi Jiesta.

I have searched and searched the internet for answers to the question "When is it safe to start trying again?" and found anwers varying from straight away, to after 6 months and even longer than that I think. I decided not to wait and started TTC again as soon as the bleeding stopped. I didnt get pregnant though. I think the majority say wait until you have had a period.

:wave: Sweety,
everyone is different, and most mums on here will tell you this... YOU will know when YOUR ready, Once your bleeding has stopped and you feel both physically and emotionally strong enough then you are ready. Your body and mind are unique to you. :hug: I know after my MMC i wanted so badly to be PG again, straight away....so i could still be having a baby, only later than first planed..you know? :think: But Emotionally that was my way of coping.... when my first AF came i was so upset...it was a huge re-enforcement that i was not PG and that i had lost my baby.... thats when i worried about ever being able to concieve again, to carry to full term etc...
All of these worries and feeling are just part of the healing process :hug: Things do get better and easier.
I know of lucky ladies here who have fallen PG before there first AF after a MC, Most of the people including myself started TTC as soon as our bleeding stopped and WE felt ready....
Advise is a blanket thing, just a safe guard for emotions mainly, mental well-being, average advise is 3 month...i was only about 3 weeks :shhh: :oops:
One bit of research i have done and even been advised is that when we do fall PG, we as mums who have lost a child are MORE likely to go on to have a normal happy healthy PG with a baby at the end than mums who haven't MC before... so please try to relax about that too...hard i know but we are all here to remind each other and give that support and cuddle :hug:
OMG i do go on and on...sorry..
Answer..go for it girl when your ready! :rotfl: Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Aww Jiesta, I am sure that was not the news you wanted to hear from the doc. I think Fynemum speaks alot of sense.
If you are emotionally ready, then there is no harm trying after your next period.
You know when you're ready. Good luck sweetie!

like the others say hun just make sure you feel ready. My doc recommended waiting till after my first period to try again, i wasnt even trying and now look at me almost 12 weeks. :D

Look after yourself hun :hug: :hug:

hi hun im sorry for your loss :hug: i lost my baby at 34 weeks :cry: and was told to wait 3 months i started trying again straight away as soon as bleeding stopped but it still took about 2 and a half months any way im now over 26 weeks pregnant my doctor told me they like you to wait at least 3-6 months due to emotional reasons but if you feel ready to try again straight away go for it hope whatever you decide to do all goes well for you :hug: xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back