Dr Brown's Bottles?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Do they work? (eg. prevent colic, prevent windier babies?) because i don't have the money to buy them, and then realize it doesn't make a difference..

PS. My advent airflex bottles are a pain in the BUM.

x

EDIT- and if you have Dr Brown's bottles what sterilizer do you use? 'cuz i have an advent one but i don't think the bottles would fit?

I haven't used them myself but my best friend did and swore by them (she used a couple more brands first, can't remember which) She used a cold water sterilising system so can't really advise on that.

Hope you get an answer from someone that can actually help :lol: sorry xx

I used Avent to start with and foind them rubbish. I moved to Dr Browns and loved them, they were amazing for Tom and his Colic. I'd definitely recommend them.

I also have an Avent steriliser and used this with the Dr Browns bottles to save buying a new one. it's abit of a jigsaw but I always managed to get 4 bottles in at a time.

You can buy Dr Browns steriliers too which probably makes it easier!!

Yes they definitely do work for colic. They improve the speed and the volume of wind that comes up in every feed. However, they are exceptionally expensive AND they have six individual components which makes them a pain in the bum to wash up!!!!

We used them for the first few months then switched back to Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature which have been pretty good.

In answer to your other question, the Dr Brown Bottles SHOULD fit in the Avent steriliser (they did for my friend) and they certainly fitted in my Tommee Tippee steriliser. Why don't you buy one bottle to try? That's effectively what we did - a friend sent us a Dr Brown bottle as we were tearing our hair out with Connie screaming all the time and then we loved it so much we bought a set. If it doesn't fit your steriliser take it straight back?

Good luck x

Dylan had colic and so we decided to change his bottles from TT to Dr Browns. We found it made a massive difference with him. I know they are really expensive but i would definatly recommend them :hug:

We started with tommee tippeee bottles in a TT steriliser, soon moved to Dr B as she was going the colic way like Reece did. I couldnt recommend them enough, they are expensive but you'd spend sooo much more on infacol etc....I still used the TT sterilser til Imoved house and got a dishwasher and as the box said they're fine on the top shelf in there...but I wash the teats in hot water.

Well worth the extra pennies xx

Megan is only on 3 bottles a day now but if you want I can easy send you one of our spares minus a teat for you to try first?
PM if you want x

I swopped from Avent to Dr B's. I dont find them too bad to wash as its only 2 extra bits but they are a pain in the butt if they leak. I have to keep the tops off them when i fill them with boiled water. I then put the tops back on when they are cooler. The amount of air in the Dr B's is noticably better but Ollie still had terrible wind until 11 weeks old.

With regards to the steriliser i use my Avent one and manage 3 bottles at a time along with a few dummys. I also use weaning spoons to mix the formula so sterilse them too.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back