• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Downs Blood test results?

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wondered how long it took people to get their results? I had my bloods taken for this 2 weeks ago today, but haven't heard anything - should I have done?

How did anybody else hear about their results? MW? Post?

My OH wants to give MW a buzz tomorrow as I thought I would get something through the post but as you may all know by now I don't like bothering people at all, even if necessary - so being able to run things past you lot is a godsend :hug:

Thanks in Advance x

Ive got my test in about 10 days. Im not 100% but i think they either get back to you by letter if your low risk or not at all. If you are high risk they get intouch as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Id see it as a good sign you havent heard from them. :)

I got my results about 2 weeks later by post. It just says whether you are high/low/medium risk for ds and what you chances are for having a downs baby i.e. 1/10,000 and that they will not be offering you any further testing(if low risk). You should get hte letter in the next few days I would imagine.

Hope that helps!

I never received anything by post. I had to wait till my 20 wk scan when the midwifethat saw me afterwards went through my bloods. Everything was fine with me. As already said they would ring asap if there was a problem. No news is good news as they say..

Thanks ladies,

I suppose no news is good news isn't it, if I don't get anything before my 20 week scan (next fri) I'll ask if they can have a look for my blood results.

:hug:

I have been told to ring my docs to get my results that should take 5-7 days but someone will contact me if there is a prob with my results from another unit.
i'd ring if it is worrying you.

I've never had any results through either, just seen them in my notes some weeks later.

i had mine in about 5 days but was very surprised at how quick it was!

I had mine back within a week! I was relieved that I came back low risk :D

im still waiting for mine i had them done 3 weeks ago!!

I had mine done on Friday and midwife just said that will take 7-10 days for results and if its all A ok then I will get them in the pos, but that if there is a problem she will ring me!

Im dreding that phone call, everytime my phone rings, I quite litterally poop my pants!

I had downs test at my 12 wek scan at kings college hospital but when i had 2nd blood tests they were dun at like 16 weeks and they appeared in my midwifes computer when i saw her at 22 weeks lol

I have never recieved any results but i was told that I would be contacted " if there was a problem" !!!

It's quite confusing isn't it........wish I'd asked MW now what the procedure is in our area?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back