doppler?

clairescunny55

Reaction score
anyone know where you can buy one? i dont mean one of the things in argos, bought my mate one and its rubbish! seen them on ebay around £70 but cant really afford to spend that much. Thanks

Hi, I bought one from ebay for under £30 and its great. I love listening to my wee girls heartbeat :cheer:

I think there is a site you can hire them from, with the option to buy..I remember a long time ago reading a post about them being for hire....
Try to google it...see what you can find.....Hope that helps....

Ok now for my opinion :rotfl: DON'T do it......I know lots of ladies who have stressed out over these things...... they can't hear a heart beat and think the worst...just to realize the batteries weren't strong enough, or they couldn't work it properly...etc... Do you REALLY need the worry? in a few more weeks baby will be a kick boxer in there and you'll not use your doppler... :rotfl:

What ever you decide, enjoy and have fun.. lv Yvonne xx :hug:

We bought our's off Ebay for £35/£40 can't remember exactly but it was well worth the money. Anytime I start to panic that it's all in my head :roll: we just put the doppler on and listen to LO's heart going like the clappers.

You can rent them from many places, start by looking at the rental services offered by the NCT, Mothercare, Bounty and similar. Mine cost me £20 on ebay and £1 for a huge bottle of gel, I have the Angel Sounds Doppler. It doesn't have a heart beat counter but it detected my baby from 9 weeks 4 days where as it says "from 11 weeks" on the box! Hunt around, ask people etc you're bound to come across a good deal sooner rather than later.

I plan on donating mine to someone after the birth but that's no good to you I know it's another 3-4 months away!

I promised myself I wouldn't get one, as fynemum says they can cause unnecessary worries when you can't find the heartbeat.

However... :oops: I did cave in and buy one from ebay for £40 and I must say I'm so glad I did, it has reassured me countless times so far in my pregnancy. Especially as my baby is not particulary active, its nice to hear her heartbeat occasionally!

If you do get one, try and be realistic about it. Its not easy to find the heartbeat in the early stages. Be patient and you will get there.

i got mine for about 15 off eBay.... i brought it off one of the company's those instead of someone else.... it's called angel sounds...

mines really good and it really does help when you can't feel them, mine works from 12 week

good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back