doppler yay or nay?

Princess81

Reaction score
:wave:

As the title sugguests, what do you reckon on dopplers girlies?

I am tempted to get one, but o/h reckon's I'll just worry myself if I can't pick up the heartbeat, which is probably true.

Anyone care to share experiences and are they worth it in your opinion?

Cheers me dears xx

I ust admit I love mine :) gfot an angelsounds one :) and I have picked up heartbeat everyday since I got it at 11weeks4 days . Sometimes takes a while but there are some tips :

1) Relax!
2) try and have a full bladder if you are early (makes it easier)
3) Dont ever listen on empty stomach lol (I have been nearly deafened by some ofthe noises my gut makes ) lmao
4) Take your time and move slowly as bubba is only tiny so can be easy to miss!!

But for £20 incl delivery it was well worth it for me :) xxx

Thanks hun :) I think if I get one it'll be after my next scan. I'll only be 11 weeks at that, so I suppose any earlier would be too early to hear anyway
And thanks for the tips!! x

No worries :) Ive had two miscarriages and believe me to hear that litle heartbeat is such a relief :) xx

Defo, after my mc in January I was deligted to hear the heartbeat in my early scans. It would be lovely to have that reassurance at home, but I know I'd panic if I couldn't find it, even if it is just through user error :blush: x

I wasn't going to bother with one... But I keep scaring myself silly at the moment thinking something's wrong, so I'm getting one on Wednesday :) x

cool, I'm sure you'll hear it clearly at your stage hun x

I thought about getting one, but didn't in the end as I knew I'd panic if I couldn't pick the heartbeat up. There have been times when I have wished I'd got one especially when he's had a quiet day on the kicking front, but the majority of the time I'm pleased that I didn't for my own sanity.

I have the angel one too and been hearing baby from 12 weeks. It's nice for hubby to feel included and it reassured me last week when I wasn't well, turned out I had kidney stones but from the pain I was getting I thought something was seriously wrong! I've only not found the heart once since 12 weeks but I knew not to stress about it and tried again the next day. I've heard it can annoy or irritate baby too, mine def moves when I do it so it's best not to use them every day, I use it about twice a week, don't want to upset it!

I had a angelsounds last time (gave it to my sister as she's now pregnant) as I found it great. Especially if baby was having a quiet day or I though I hadnt felt him move, I'd have a little listen in and check he was ok.
I loved it and cant wait to use it again with the next.

hi girls, i was tossing and turning about getting one of these but after seeing this I think I will be ordering one in a couple weeks.

i got one too :)
got it at about 14 weeks. it took aa while to pick up the heart beat but once i got the hang of it it was great :)

and now its great to check on bump when he is having a quiet day

i think they are really worth it esp for about £20
just remember not to panic if you cant find it early on, you have to remember how small little one is so its not easy to find

This is one thing i regret not getting when i got pregnant ... wish i bought one! Im not really a worrier though and i can imagine it wouldnt be a good idea if you are x

Ive got a Sonoline B pocket fetal Doppler and it's amazing! I got heartbeat from 11 weeks as that's when I bought it but some reviews on You Tube are saying they heard from 8 weeks! I find it very easy to pick up heartbeat with this one and it has a display so you can see bpm too, I think it's useful to have the display as you definitely know it's baby that you've picked up and not your own heartbeat. I got mine from EBay was £40 and got a big bottle of gel included.

I gave in and bought the Angelsounds one from Amazon for £12.99 and it was really worth it, I hadn't heard the baby's heartbeat since my 12 week scan and being able to listen to it yesterday was just amazing, took me a while to find it but once you do it's just wonderful, so glad I gave in and got one, the kids loved hearing it too :D

I didn't get one till I was 30 wks. I wasn't going to get one at all, glad I did but if I'd not been able to find the hb I would have been a mess. I'm a big worrier though!

I ordered the Angelsounds one from ebay this morning :) Should have it by Monday xx

Ive got a Sonoline B pocket fetal Doppler and it's amazing! I got heartbeat from 11 weeks as that's when I bought it but some reviews on You Tube are saying they heard from 8 weeks! I find it very easy to pick up heartbeat with this one and it has a display so you can see bpm too, I think it's useful to have the display as you definitely know it's baby that you've picked up and not your own heartbeat. I got mine from EBay was £40 and got a big bottle of gel included.

Ive just bough the same but i think it was the orange one and its an A, not sure what the difference but im dead excited to try it out after work :-D although i dont think ill be worried if i cant find the HB as im not trained in looking for it and to be honest ive never heard it before so even if i do find it i may not realise straight away :-/ xx

I borrowed one and I loved it. I didnt worry if I couldnt find HB because I knew I wasnt a professional! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back