Which Doppler? Am thinking of getting one..

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi there, I am thinking about getting a doppler to listen to LO.

What are everyone's experiences with them?

Which ones do you have and which ones are the best?

I have seen two on the net so far one was a Hi-Baby one and the other an Angel Sounds one.
I prefered the look of the Hi-Baby one but it was nearly 70 pounds which is quite expensive, but if it was really good I would get it.

Thanks in advance!! :D

hi hun, i have the angelsounds which does the trick nicely :)

xx

Tescos do one for £27.97 if you want something cheaper - and it come with software for the pc so you can upload the sounds. I haven't got one though so I'm not sure what it's like.

Me and my OH went to look at them today but then he offered to pay for a 4D scan instead so i chose the scan :p

I had an all singing all dancing one that cost £150 to begin with and it broke ater 3 weeks :roll: I asked on hear and was recommended angelsounds, it was a fraction of the price and is brilliant. You'll get a really clear reading at your stage. Are you feeling flutters yet? I got my first flutters at 16 weeks and this is my first baby. They have sort of turned into little taps since.

Becs

Myself and Andrea have had 2 dopplers.

We bought a £20 one off eBay. It did the job, but Andrea got some bruises from it and it took quite some time.

We now have a hi-bebe LCD. Its absolutely brill and even tells you the babys heart rate. It has a loud speaker so you and your other half can listen. Also you can hook it up to a computer.

We pay £20 a month to rent ours. You can have it for as long as you want. Once you have paid 6 months its yours to keep;

I wouldn't change the hi-bebe for the world now.

JP

Thanks for the advice guys!

I have felt about 2 flutters so far now you mention it but I thought it was way too early but was sure that that's what it was. At least there's someone else who's felt stuff at 16wks.

Cheers xx

:wave: I've got an angelsounds one and it works fine £28.50 from Babymad.com xx

I have an angel sounds too which i find does the job well.

At your stage i wouldnt pay a lot for one as it wont be long before you can feel baby.

i have hi bebe bt200 but it doesnt have the display screen.. it cost us 60 + p&p ive just put it on ebay if your intrested?

I got my Angelsounds yesterday from ebay (New) and it worked a treat! £25 incl p&p.

Mx

I got an angelsounds off ebay. Was around £20 and I think its great! :D

I paid £30 inc gel and p&p for my Angel sounds on ebay. It's brilliant!
I haven't used it very much since baby started kicking though. It was very reassuring to check baby was ok before the kicks started.

Hi-Bebe 200 is great! I would thoroughly recommend it if you can afford it.

I was soo keen to get one but didn't get round to it. And in all honestly I'm not too fussed about it now - if I have a glass of cold water baby will kick and that is good enough for me :D So I might have regreted it if I'd bought an expensive one. Or else I may have become completely addicted to it :D

I rented the Hi-Bebe one from Ebay the one with the LCD screen and it was brilliant. I could always find the heartbeat and it was really clear. I would definately recommend it.

I have a baby beets one - my mum bought me it from ebay.

I saw an advert for an angel sounds one in a magazine and my one is the same as that! And I think mine was cheaper.

I don't know how many of you are aware that Dopplers use ultrasound the same as scans, and talking to my friend yesterday (who was a midwife until last year), she says the effects of them are not known as yet.

My other friend who is 17 weeks pregnant has just bought one and says it claims in the instructions that it can be used upto 3 times a day, at which point the midwife looked horrified and said she certainly wouldn't recommend it.

I know as well that one has just been recalled, thats the baby beets one.

Sorry if this is a repost.

I went for the Hi Bebe one and found it great. I'll keep it for it we try for another one also.

I looked into the Angelsounds and read many reports that people could not find a heartbeat till later on. Past 14/15 weeks or so. I wanted to use one before this for reassurance so spent the extra to get the better doppler.

I'd say at 21 weeks you'd be fine with the Angelsounds one.

Mind you, consider anytime now you'll start feeling kicks and movement and won't need the reassurance of a doppler. I've hardly used mine since 22 weeks and baby moving around. Maybe 3 times since then and that was just so I could have a baby moment.

After 16 weeks your MW should be happy to listen with a doppler whenever you go see her so might be best to save pennies and wait till then.

Also I tend to limit the doppler use to listerally 10-20 seconds once I detect the heartbeat. It bothers me that LO seems to get restless and kicks against it, so I go for as short a time as possible. I'd never sit with it for an hour or something.

Bee said:
I have a baby beets one - my mum bought me it from ebay.

I saw an advert for an angel sounds one in a magazine and my one is the same as that! And I think mine was cheaper.

Check the Baby Beets one as they have recalled some. Apparently not passed to British safety standards. Cheap Chinese knock offs that try to look like an Angelsounds and then use a name virtually the same as another decent doppler manufacturer (Baby Beats iirc) :roll:

There were threads in first and second tri on this recently. Loads of info in there and I also posted a link to the dopplers being recalled.

AnDi said:
I don't know how many of you are aware that Dopplers use ultrasound the same as scans, and talking to my friend yesterday (who was a midwife until last year), she says the effects of them are not known as yet.

My other friend who is 17 weeks pregnant has just bought one and says it claims in the instructions that it can be used upto 3 times a day, at which point the midwife looked horrified and said she certainly wouldn't recommend it.

I know as well that one has just been recalled, thats the baby beets one.

Sorry if this is a repost.

I was aware that there is some uncertainty with them, but as ultrasounds are considered safe and have been used for many years now, I think people put the same sort of trust into dopplers.

However, I have always limited my use of mine to short bursts of 10-20 seconds once I find LO's heartbeat. And I don't spend too long looking for it either. If I can't find it within about 30 seconds, I don't worry and leave it. I only used it from 14 weeks and then not daily. I stopped using it at 22 weeks and have only used it a fwe times since then.

I did notice that LO became restless whenever I used the doppler so made the use time as short as possible. I was concerned as to why LO was reacting that way, so thought it best to be prudent with the use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back