Doppler's

Sherlock

Reaction score
So I did some reading. Did some price comparing and blimey they are expensive over here.

I have an Amazon US voucher (over $100 worth) to spend in the US store and found the Hi Bebe BT-200 Fetal Doppler for $115. Converts into £54. On Amazon UK they are selling the same one for £94.95 :shock: :shock:

I talked it over with hubby last night and while he was not overly keen on buying one as he feels there are better things to spend our money on, I would really like to make use of the voucher for the US Amazon and order it. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get here also, so by then it should get decent results.

Even Ebay can't compete with that price new. Mind you I'd never buy from Ebay anyways. Nightmare place and sworn off it for life.

Worth spending the voucher on? I read reviews and they seem good. And the cheaper ones worry me as to quality and how well they may work.

Thoughts?

I have a hi bebe and love it! It's just about my favourite thing.

We took a recording of the heartbeat and could send it to friends and relatives - but the best thing is just to listen whenever the hell I like.

We got ours from ebay for about £50, ex rental but as good as new and it's worked out great - if we'd rented one I'd have wanted to buy it so it would have totally wasted the rental cost, I don't think I could have given it back!!

We'll sell ours second hand to get (I think) most of the money back.

I got hi-bebe second hand from ebay for just short of £50 including postage and it has been great!!

Sherlock said:
So I did some reading. Did some price comparing and blimey they are expensive over here.

I have an Amazon US voucher (over $100 worth) to spend in the US store and found the Hi Bebe BT-200 Fetal Doppler for $115. Converts into £54. On Amazon UK they are selling the same one for £94.95 :shock: :shock:

I talked it over with hubby last night and while he was not overly keen on buying one as he feels there are better things to spend our money on, I would really like to make use of the voucher for the US Amazon and order it. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get here also, so by then it should get decent results.

Thoughts?

PLEAASEEE remember that if it's stopped at customs, it'll be slapped with import duty, which the post office will also add a fee for collection of that import duty and that cheaper doppler may not be quite so cheap after all!!!

Anything over £18 worth can be checked - and you can guarantee that it'll arrive in nice Amazon packaging ready for customs to check when it lands!

Just something to consider!!

That's a good point. I used to work for play.com and the R1 DVD boxsets were always landing customs charges.

Llys said:
PLEAASEEE remember that if it's stopped at customs, it'll be slapped with import duty, which the post office will also add a fee for collection of that import duty and that cheaper doppler may not be quite so cheap after all!!!

Ah yes, there is that bit of it. I've ordered stuff before and never had it checked, but I guess there is always a first time. I may well stick to one from over here.

Thanks for the reminder :)

So which doppler is a good one and middle of the road price wise? I think I'm gonna have to buy one before I have a breakdown!!

I got an angel sounds from ebay for £30 inc the transmission gel and P&P. It works fine, though I'm sure the more expensive one's would be even clearer

timsmom said:
So which doppler is a good one and middle of the road price wise? I think I'm gonna have to buy one before I have a breakdown!!

From what I gather the Hi Bebe one is great and on Ebay for about £60 (elsewhere almost £100) I looked at cheaper ones but they don't have such good reviews :roll:

i've got an angel sounds one too - took me a couple of attempts to find the heartbeat at first but i was only 14 weeks and very impatient! was my fault anyway as i wasn't looking low enough down. other than that it's been brilliant. i got mine for £30 from ebay :)

So I just ordered one. Hubby hadn't been too keen when I suggested it last week, but because of my worry this morning, he understands and said getting one was worth it for my peace of mind.

So all being well it'll be here in 2 days or so :)

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheer:

i got an angel sounds one too for about £30 never had any problems with it and found the heart beat at about 13 weeks and now it is really clear, if you don't want to spend too much i would definitely recommend it- saying that i'm sure the more expensive ones are clearer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back