Is it too early to order a doppler?

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm a size 12/14 at the moment and coming up to 10 weeks on Tuesday.

Is it too early for me to order a doppler do you think?

Is it only slim people that can hear the heartbeat before 12 weeks?

I'm just oso eager but don't want to waste the money on rental if its too early.

LMP x

I'd wait a few more weeks. I think you need to be at least another 3-4 weeks on for it to really be worth it.

Some of the cheaper ones don't pick up till later on. I have a Hi Bebe, cost about £65 and it picked up well from when I got it at 15 weeks. Some, like the Angelsounds ones don't seem to do well until later on. One recent thread here, the person posted about not getting a heartbeat and I think they were a little further on than you. Chances are it'll cause you worry not being able to find the heartbeat, even though everything is fine.

This is the thread I was meaning Click here to read it

i started hearing this babys heartbeat at 12 weeks and im a size 12/14 too

I cant hear heartbeat yet using a dopler my mum brought home from work (shes a nurse) I'd prob wait a few more weeks to be sure theres a good chance of hearing it especially if your gonna hire it.
Clarex

I heard baby's heartbeat for the 1st time at 8 weeks and can hear it alot better now im at 10 weeks. Im a size 18 so not slim and I had no problem :)

I got my doppler at 14 weeks and had no problem hearing HB, its a Hi Bebe 200 :)

Depends what doppler you buy. We have a Hi-Bebe 200 and I'm hardly skinny LOL and had no issue finding the HB at 13 weeks :D

Thanks for posting ladies,

I was planning on buying the hi-bebe 200 too so i guess there is a slim chance if i order it now and it comes next week that i could hear something over xmas and new year? :pray:

I will be 11 weeks on xmas day and 12 weeks on new years day.

Just one quick query. With the hi-bebe 200 does the display show you the heart rate i.e 160bpm or does it just give you a sound?

LMP x

Ive got the Hi-bebe too and have been listening since 10 weeks :) Its really loud now at 12+1 :)

ANAWIZ sell them on ebay and you can get them a little cheaper than on their site.

Little miss pink said:
Just one quick query. With the hi-bebe 200 does the display show you the heart rate i.e 160bpm or does it just give you a sound?

LMP x

Depends on which one you get, one has the digital display and is about £20 more. I've got both of them and TBH the digital one is the same as the standard 200 but you see a heart rate on the display which doesnt always work despite you getting a very clear and loud signal so to me its a bit gimmicky and the standard one works just as well.

hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back