does your child hit?

Sage

Reaction score
Hes turning into a proper boy and me no like it! hes so rough! hes really got into the habit of hitting and i hate it! If someone gets in his face he'll flap his arms about hitting them to get away. I swear he does it on purpose sometimes just to be told no so he can have a sulk and be all dramatic. But hes started doing it to the kids in nursery. just randomly hitting them if they come close to his toy. I sternly tell him no and if he does it again hes moved. i dont believe in shouting as it gets you nowhere and i feel reinforces negative behaviour but sometimes i could really scream at him! what do you do to discourage this behaviour? :think:

Dylan does the same, my OH just says 'he's just being a boy, he's not being nasty' but it really bugs me! i usually hold his arm and say no firmly, like you i dont think shouting helps.. i do find it hard not to though, especially if he does it to his little brother!

Emma does it too :( my nephew and her are really rough with each other and she's taking it to other places now and I don't know what to do bout it.

Joe is quite bad for it and I dont know what to do. He even seems quite pleased about it which really worries me.
Ive tried tapping his hand, not tapping his hand, naughty spot, shouting, not shouting but nothing deters him.

If I ask him if he will do it again he says 'yes' and buggers off.

Im at my wits end so I sympathise with you.

He is two and a half btw.

His sister who is four was never like that.

Glenn does it too, i can see his face when he does it, he looks at the little one and just puts his hands out and smacks their faces, its awful and we do try and go down to his level and sternly say to him "NO" but he doesnt seem to get it until he has done it again and then he gets a sterner telling off, he knows its wrong i am certain but he carries on, he is very jealous and clingy with me so i think its a defense thing but that doesnt mean i am trying to make an excuse for the behaviour its just that i am trying to see why he's doing it and try and work a solution out, the worse thing is if the mum is a first time mum its so much harder to sort things out, us experienced mums know why and what they are doing it for, it is a phase but such an awful and upsetting one that i causes so much friction its unreal.

alice has just started hitting if she doesn't get her own way. We hold her hands, go to her level and tell her "no, do not hit mummy / daddy / etc." If she does it again, we do it again, and if we are at home she gets a warning she will have to sit on her bed. Problem is she now just sits and goes "sorry mummy" and then starts laughing :roll:

i think its just a matter of picking what you are going to say etc sticking to it and repeating it as many times as it takes.

mum2A&L said:
alice has just started hitting if she doesn't get her own way. We hold her hands, go to her level and tell her "no, do not hit mummy / daddy / etc." If she does it again, we do it again, and if we are at home she gets a warning she will have to sit on her bed. Problem is she now just sits and goes "sorry mummy" and then starts laughing :roll:

i think its just a matter of picking what you are going to say etc sticking to it and repeating it as many times as it takes.

Aww this is the good bit. I have been trying as you said above and telling him not to hit boys and girls. So when I take to nursery and ask him if he will be good, he smiles, almost winks and say in the monotonous tone 'i will not hit boys and girls'
Arrrghhhhhh, now he is taking the piss out of me.

Bruce has gone through a phase of constantly hitting Kiah.
We're hoping that he's out of it by the time Zander arrives otherwise we'll have a problem as Bruce can't hit Zander.

Kiah never did hit and when Bruce hits her, she just shouts back and he soon runs off.

Im glad im not alone! Its embarrassing at times. All these kids are playing nicely and my son is trying to attack them all! He picked on a kid the other day that was twice his age. he couldnt care less! He got too close to his toy so whacked him! Ive got a feeling this is going to take a while to cure :lol:

He also likes to throw his dummy or a toy across the room if i tell him no now and looks at me after as if to say "HA! well have some of that!" then when i ignore him, he has a paddy coz hes chucked the dummy/toy :roll: i cant win! His tantrums and hitting are quiet spectacular if hes tired :evil: devil child!

:hug: Evie has just started hitting :evil: she thinks its funny when you say Ouch too

Sam hits too and he thinks it is funny when you say Ouch as well :?
He has been like it for a while.

The only thing that worked for me with Victor at that age was this; If he hit me I would say "no, not nice" And i would move away from him - he would soon come running and i would repeat that it wasnt nice and say will you be nice to mummy - kiss mummy? and sometimes i had to do it a couple of times but eventually i would get a kiss and a cuddle. If the child doesnt see anger in you - just hurt and that you dont want to have anything to do with him her, they usually change their song. They hate to see that you are hurt or upset a lot more than angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back