does anyone know...

amzhunny

Reaction score
if you get more help when on SMP my pay drastically goes down nwxt month i will be in this position for 1/2 months...is it worth ringing and finding out?

I've been on SMP for 7/8 months now - its sucky but that's all there is. We are just about keeping our heads above water. I am very jealous of anyone who gets enhanced maternity benefits! However, I think I remember from previous posts that you are a carer for your OH - is it worth trying to apply for a carer's allowance for you or Disability Living Allowance for him?

I take it you are already claiming child benefit and its maybe worth ringing the tax credits office to advise them of your change in income, although, as far as I understand it, they are unlikely to change your award until the end of the financial year.

Good luck

Valentine Xxx

I don't think so :(

Have you applied for tax credits?

Thanks Valentine,

We have applied for Disability Living Allowance back in December but we are still awaiting the outcome....keep getting letters "sorry but we have not made a decisions yet"!! Only good thing is they backpay to application!!

I am ringing tsx office now! finger crossed

not entitled to anything else whilse OH is still receiving pay...but when he looses job which we are going through now we obv will.

I can declare my earnings in April, it wont change anything now

tut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back