Does anyone else just want to sleep or lay down most of the time?

Annie050408

Reaction score
I am wiped out all the time! I am feeling exhausted, as in my body feels exhausted most of the day at the moment and I'm collapsing on the sofa straight after work and barely moving after that!

Is this normal for 5 1/2 weeks?!

totally normal. Your body is working so hard to build a baby and it is exhausting. You should get your energy back but for for a while yet. I know its hard, i've done it 3 times now, but it does get better, i promise. Take care and make sure you are eating and drinking plenty :hug: xx

Hope this gets better soon hunni. im shattered all the time too. found it such a mission to vac up this morning....i want to sleep all the time.

xxx

I certainly am eating a lot! :lol:

I'm not really complaining - DH is being a star running around after me - I'm just feeling lazy! Still, suppose I could catch up on my reading! :lol:

Your suppose to relax when pregnant anyway, so make the most of it. And these weeks in ur pregnancy are the most important.

xx

I just have one other question, while I'm on a roll :lol:

At your first docs appointment does the doc confirm your dates or is that not done until your scan?

on your dating scan they will give you an exact due date hun. The docs will just ask the last day of your period and work from there.

But the scan is the most accurate date hun

xxx

I am/was exactly the same for the first few weeks, but now, at nearly 10 weeks, I am slowly starting to feel normal again. Still get tired very easily and every day at about 1:45 at work I just wanto to go and lay down somewhere, which wouldn't be great as I am a primary school teacher and would have a class full of rampaging six year olds if I did!! I know what you mean about feeling lazy though, my husband has been unbelievably good but I do feel terribly guilty!

Last edited:
I'm a year 2 teacher too and am finding the kids very hard work at the moment -sweet but hard work!

Yes I'm totally knackered and want to eat/sleep constantly. Not pg though :rofl: just a normal day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back