doctor and colic??

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey everyone.. ive been trying natural approches with eds colic..but every few days he has a bad spat of colic.. he crys for hours even though im lettign him suckle for comfort more than anything..ive tried massaging his tummy.. massaging his feet.. giving him water and chamomile tea.. me drinking chamomile tea and fennel tea.. putting fennel oil or lavender oil on something near him.. carry on feeding him etc..

i dont really know what else to try.. i used infracol with charlotte and it was crap.. and so was gripe water.. has anyone gone to their doctor about their babys colic? what did they pescribe and did it help? thanks

Colief has defo helped but not made it go away completely it expensive (£10 a bottle) so give it a go then if it works ask doc for prescription maybe? Only thing we've found that settles elllie is boob, sam rocking her & driving around in the car until the wind passes or she calms down.

Ive been keeping a food diary to see if there are any triggers & have also cut out garlic, onion, spicy foods & anything that gives me wind. Im really sensitive to food as I have IBS so im just being really careful what i eat at mo.

Another thing that can increase colic is swapping boobs during a feed, the first milk has alot more lactose which is harder for newborns to break down. I try to feed only from one breast and keep offering it before i offer the other one.

Hope that helps a little :)

Hi Lis!

There was an article in our local news paper about a "miricle cure" for a colicy baby. This woman took her son to a chiropractor and he did some gentle movement and massage and it seemed to work a treat!

I am usually sceptical about "miracle cures" but it worked for this baby!

Might be worth a try, I know how desperate you feel and helpless when your LO is in pain..

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

eww no i would never do that.. popping the joins causes arthritus :s

lisa&alex said:
eww no i would never do that.. popping the joins causes arthritus :s

they don't pop the joints hun! they're really gentle. We took Sam for cranial osteopathy for his colic, and he loved it. The woman hardly seemed to touch him, and it worked a treat. We never had colic after that....

nothing settles lil miss except boob... and even then in the height of the colicky time it does nothing... she just fights and screams at me until the wind passes and she promptly passes out. :rotfl:

I can't remb where but, apparently sitting your baby next to a washing machine/dryer/ in the bathroom, whilst running the shower etc (to do with the noise), is suppose to help sooth the baby or calm them down.

Apparently, if their attention is kept, they are less likely to cry or something.

Something about 'white noise' is also supposed to calm the baby down, it's supposed to drown noise out from outside but remind the baby of the womb, like a soothing sound.

However, maybe there is a pattern with your baby's crying? There hasn't be a real diagnoses of what causes colic but maybe, just maybe she has a pattern of when she cries?

Late afternoon, just before a nap? right after feeding? Cries alot then farts/poops etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back