Do you think it's worth me asking the doctor...

Cori

Reaction score
to look at my temperature charts when I go tomorrow and ask her if she thinks my progesterone levels are ok? Will she be able to tell by looking at them? Or do they look ok and shan't I bother?

Can't hurt to take it with you...? The more info the better. It might be of no use but then again it can't hurt to be prepared. Good luck :hug:

Hi Cori,
Hope you don't mind me asking, but do your periods only last a day? I have really light periods that last 3-4 days, but are only very light and I found from my blood tests that I do have low progesterone level. 7 days after ov, it was only 19.5 and it needed to be 30+ to be conclusive that I ov'd and also to sustain a pregnancy if I did fall pregnant. I have to have another test this month to see if it's rising, though I'm not sure what they do if they don't? I would hope your doctor will offer to do these same blood tests which should confirm whether or not you have low progesterone.
Keep us posted on how you get on hun, and I hope your doctor is supportive. :hug:

Cori said:
to look at my temperature charts when I go tomorrow and ask her if she thinks my progesterone levels are ok? Will she be able to tell by looking at them? Or do they look ok and shan't I bother?

i would have thought its was a good idea, least you will have answers to hand and it will show how serious you are about ttc

good luck

I'm not actually going to the doctors about TTC, I'm going about something else. But she knows I'm TTC and just thought I would ask about my progesterone levels while I'm there.

No, my periods are like 2 days medium flow, then 1 day light flow, then about 4 days spotting. I only chart the first day of it though. Last time I came off the pill, it took about 7 cycles before they became heavy. I thought they should have got heavier by now.

That sounds just like the type of periods I am having. I'm sure it would be worth mentioning to the doctor, it can't do any harm. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on. Good luck! :hug:

Well, I asked the doctor about my charts. She said they looked good and there was no need to get my progesterone levels checked. She told me not to worry, because I've only tried 7 times over 5 months and that they wouldn't do any tests like sperm analysis untill I have been trying for 12 months. I didn't tell her that I've bought a sperm count test off ebay, lol. I'm just waiting for that to arrive. So at least I know I can go and get checked out after I've been trying for 12 months, because alot of doctors won't do anything untill you've been trying for 18 months, will they.

naughty you buying one off ebay! :rotfl: hope it shows everything's normal anyway :pray:

I'm glad all the levels seem fine

Hi Cori, we have been ttc for 2 yrs and we got sperm count tests for dh and 21 day blood tests done for me after 1yr ttc, hope fully you wont need any tests at all x x
Good luck the home kit sound cool wish we had heard about it earlier on hubby would have prefered that to dashing to hosp with pot in his pocket !!! :rotfl:

Thanks girls :D I got a female test to measure my egg reserve. It's a 2 step test, like the male one. I did the first one on Saturday and it was ok. I'm sure the 2nd one will be too. I can't see me going through the menopause yet. The female test was £3 and the male one was £17. Typical! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back