Do you know when baby has engaged/dropped into pelvis?

Dinski

Reaction score
Hiya mummies, I just wondered if anyone can tell me whether they knew when their baby had dropped down into their pelvis at the end of the third tri? I'm wondering if/when this is going to happen as bubs is pushing on my lungs and diaphragm and making it so hard for me to breathe. My midwife says if he does drop it should be around nowish. Is this correct? Am I likely to know and feel more comfortable or is it too subtle to even realise?

Hi ya,

It can happen around now although I would say its a little early, Aimee was engaged at 36weeks which i thought was quite early. I'd say it's quite subtle but you def feel less presure on your ribs etc and more heavy down below, i remember almost feeling like it was hard to keep my legs together (not in that way!)

Dont know if this will be of any help at all.... :)

Mark did not move very far down so the only thing i noticed was that i constantly needed the toliet and when i went i only managed a few drops :oops: luckily i had a scan at 35 weeks and LO hd his arm right on my bladder so its no wonder i couldnt hold much.

I could tell when, when I did a wee it felt like a bowling ball was about to fall out of my fairy :oops:

that really is the best way I could put it

When my 1st baby dropped, everytime i lifted my leg up to get out of bed, bath etc i heard and felt a click in my groin. I thought it was hurting her, of course it wasn't though, just that bit more uncomfortable

With my 1st i only noticed when i looked in the mirror and i noticed my bump had moved, never noticed any thing else. With Nathan i was when it felt uncomfortable to have my legs together, just felt strange. It was easier to breathe too.

Dinski said:
Hiya mummies, I just wondered if anyone can tell me whether they knew when their baby had dropped down into their pelvis at the end of the third tri? I'm wondering if/when this is going to happen as bubs is pushing on my lungs and diaphragm and making it so hard for me to breathe. My midwife says if he does drop it should be around nowish. Is this correct? Am I likely to know and feel more comfortable or is it too subtle to even realise?

i was thinking this too Dinski!!! :lol:

my groin area sometimes cracks or a bone clicks a bit does any one think that this could be because the baby is becoming engaged?

I'M 33 WEEKS PG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back