Do you have any orbs?

HAHA!

Have to say graveyards creep me out in the day let alone at night!!

Lyndsey said:
HAHA!

Have to say graveyards creep me out in the day let alone at night!!

Then you'll love it!! :D it'll be a laugh!! :D

Going again on the 30th - can't wait!

MomNat said:
violet-glow said:
MomNat said:
glitzyglamgirl said:
Shame your so far away as otherwise id be up for that!

If anyone is ever in the area, give me a call and i'll take you all up to the graveyard :wink:

Dirty sod! :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: maybe I should read what I write :oops: :oops: :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats classic lol!

I used to hang out in graveyards with my mates when we were teen goths in the 80's, drinking white cider :puke: We thought we were really cool and sophisticated!

There is a cemetary down in Margate (kent) we used to frequent that is worth checking out if anyone is near there, there is a huge section that is home to one of the UK's only albino squirel communities, which are a protected species, so no-one is allowed to cut any grass or weeds or anyhting - a lot of the gravestones there are very old and its very eery, especially at night when you see an albino squirel out the corner of your eye like a ghost, and theres loads of urban myths surrounding the place!

MomNat said:
Ooo GGG i'll make a note of it and try and see if I can get down!

Let me know if you do, Im in Cardiff now so dont very often get back to Kent to see stuff like that!

I love all of this kinda stuff but I doubt I would go on a ghost walk, I would poo myself if I actually saw anything haha. There's a group of Devon ghost hunters that allow everyone to have a chance to join and I would love it but like I said I'd be scared. Not a big believer in orbs though to be honest could be anything.

Strangeness said:
I love all of this kinda stuff but I doubt I would go on a ghost walk, I would poo myself if I actually saw anything haha. There's a group of Devon ghost hunters that allow everyone to have a chance to join and I would love it but like I said I'd be scared. Not a big believer in orbs though to be honest could be anything.

I like your open-minded attitude Strangeness

Where abouts are you from?

Here is some info on one explanation behind Orbs......

The most common cause / explanation of the problem is common to a lot of digital cameras with small CCDs, not just the Canon digital cameras. Such digital cameras have a greater depth of field compared to 35mm cameras due to their smaller focal distance. This in even higher degree when the camera is set to wide angle.
Because of the above, small dust particles, droplets of water, etc, drifting in the air close to the camera and not within depth of field for normal 35mm cameras, are within depth of field for digital cameras. Under normal circumstances this is not too big a problem, as these are very small. When flash is used its light illuminates these dust particles, water droplets, and these therefore show up extremely obvious on pictures taken. The problem is worsened for most digital compact cameras because the flash unit is positioned close to the lens barrel. Due to the setup and operation of digital cameras using small CCD’s, there is not much that can be done about this phenomenon.

There are some measures which can be taken to prevent this problem from occurring as much as is possible.

1: Switch off flash in environments where there are likely to be small dust particles or water droplets in the air. Instead increase the gain / ISO value for the camera to compensate for this lack of flash. This is only possible with cameras for which the gain / ISO value can be adjusted.
2: Use an external slave flash unit further away from the camera and partially cover the camera’s flash. These units are not available from Canon, but there are third party companies making such units. Make sure a slave flash unit is chosen which can be set to synchronize with the second flash as used by Powershot cameras. With Powershot cameras, the first flash is used to measure, the second is the actual flash

I still think they are something else though! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back