Do you have a parasol?

TORino

Reaction score
For your pushchair?

I'm debating whether to get one or not. No doubt it will rain for 40 days when my LO arrives and I won't need it mind lol

Got a free one off my sister in law that her clinic was given by Boots but haven't checked whether or not it fits the pram yet!!

I got a lovely red one off eBay was only about £15 I think?

Mmm, I should probs get one I think.

Can't have the wee one getting blinded by the sun now can I?

Ha this came into my mind yesterday that I should think of getting one. That'll be today's task along side 3 labour watches!!

Hi Hun I didn't have one with pushchair but with the hot weather I've had to order one!! I'd def recommend x

Parasols are ok but you have to reposition them when the sun moves. I have a canopy instead which I put over the hood and it goes really far over baby.

Kiddicare do some good ones
Emma

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I just bought one last week, it was so expensive I nearly choked. I really wish I had done it frlmebay as planned but only decided I really need one straight away due to all this lovely weather. I think it's must have or your end up having to lay a blanket over the hood. Xx

Spend some money and get a decent one, I got a cheapo boots one and it was shite. COuldn't move it into any position at all. I did fine buying a sun canopy better, got it from kidicare. I defo won't be buying another parasol as they just get in the way too lol

I keep checking eBay as the bugaboo ones are £25 new!!
My mate bought a snooze shade for her little one that covers the pram! It's fab but you can see them!! That's the only rubbish bit about it!
I've got time yet to get a parasol off eBay! X

oops, with all the bad weather I didn;t even think about it!!!

I will be going on a parasol hunt at lunchtime then lol, I bought suncream though how weird!!!!!!!

I went with the babystyle oyster which has an integrated uv net bit it looks a bit Claustraphobic for baby so will see how I get on with it, might need one after all.

Apparently the pushchair we have the hood extends to make into a sunshade, result as long as we keep baby in the pushchair lol ...........

For your pushchair?

I'm debating whether to get one or not. No doubt it will rain for 40 days when my LO arrives and I won't need it mind lol

Well I was right about the rain thing wasn't I?!? Lol

Haha, typical weather lol

I had one until o couldn't get it off then it snapped.. ooops x

This thread brings back memories! This time last year the weather was lovely here and I met up with some of my mummy friends in the park with our new babies and our parasols on the prams. Think it was the one and only time most of those parasols were used! To be honest I have never met anyone who has liked their parasol, they aren't the most practical and you have to move them constantly to keep baby out of the sun. Much better off with one of the sun shade's or UV nets or if really stuck a muslin draped over the pram (muslins really are an essential with a baby!)

kirsty27 I have a friend with the babystyle oyster and although I know what you mean about the net it really is fab! x

I've got a parasol for the pram, but once he goes into the pushchair part of it i'll get a canopy. When I had my daughter I found I was forever moving the parasol round to cover her once she was sitting up so the canopy was much better.

A friend of mine has just bought a sunshade that's a bit like a mosquito net and filters out uv rays. I'll let her be my guinea pig - if it works for her I might get one of those!!! :)

That said, the way it's going we may never get any sunshine anyway!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back