do you get a pic

mrz85

Reaction score
at ur dating scan can you request one ?

yes you can - iv just had my letter for my first scan and it states that they are £5 each x

i got my letter but it never said that only about the nhs privacy policy on scan photos

im in manchester maybe its different ? my friends all got photos for their first scans - maybe if you give them a ring they will be ablt to tell you - i never know anyone who has'nt got a pic

yes will give them a call why cnt it just say on the letter lol

I got 2 pics at my dating scan, payment was never mentioned.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

must b differnt in places..at 11 weeks 3 days do u think they will b able 2 c a lot ?

I had my 12 week scan at 11 weeks 5 days and they could see everything. Hands, fingers, toes, stomach, kidneys, the list is endless. Looks more like a baby too :)

The only thing they might not be able to measure us the nasal bone, which doesn't develop until 12-13 weeks in a lot of babies. This is one of the measurements used as a marker for Dosns Syndrome.
x

I had my 12 week scan at 11 weeks 5 days and they could see everything. Hands, fingers, toes, stomach, kidneys, the list is endless. Looks more like a baby too :)

The only thing they might not be able to measure us the nasal bone, which doesn't develop until 12-13 weeks in a lot of babies. This is one of the measurements used as a marker for Dosns Syndrome.
x
intresting cause I am supposed 2 get my dosns syndrome as well

The 12 week scan is mainly just for dating the pregnancy and confirming the due date, but as far as I'm aware they do give you a scan picture of your LO at majority hospitals (afterall, it is the first time you're seeing them and is a special moment!). I was allowed to get as many copies as I wanted, but had to pay £2 per picture.

Last edited:
£5 a picture i paid even though i could have got away with it x

Hiya I had my scan at 11 weeks 2 days and scan was fab clearer on the screen than on the pictures but still worth paying with me they are a £1 a photo was amazing and the sonographer was lovely an showed us everything! X

I was scanned in Derby and you pay £4 a photo. Tell them you want one while they do it and they'll try and get a really good shot for you.

The down syndrome test measures the nuchal fold at the back of baby's neck, there was no mention of measuring the nose at my dating scan. Think they look at the nose development at ur 20 week scan.

I paid £4 for 3 pics at my dating scan but got my emergency scan pics for free. I will add my 11+1 week private scan pic and then my 12+4 week dating scan pic so u can see how clear they are. I prefer my 11+1 week scan pics xx

Edit: tapatalk won't upload my 12+4 week scan

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326627881.886823.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326627881.886823.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 4
Added my 12+4 week scan xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326628402.812505.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326628402.812505.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
awww thats lovely :D I cant wait to get my scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread