Do you feel stale mate??

floridagirl

Reaction score
When I did my pregnancy test I was so excited but now I am into my 5 week I am starting to worry if I am still pregnant.......
I must be, still have sore boobs and no bleeding (however my last baby dies at 12 weeks and I never bled, I only found out at 13 weeks at my scan) so I am totally parinod.
It's such a long wait until my scan, I might ask my doctor if I should ave an early scan after what happened last time but no point yet as I don't think there will be a heart beat yet.
I can not wait until I can feel the baby move so I know for sure that it is still there and still alive!!
I just feel 'stale mate' if you know what I mean? It's like limbo, I am too scared to get really excited and think of names etc.
Does anyone else feel the same? How do you get through it?
:wave:

I haven't once actually felt pregnant! I had constipation which just felt like I'd eaten something dodgy, but that's gone now. I have sore boobs which I get when I'm due on. I've had backache which I get all the time anyway due to sciatica and hyperlordosis. All of my symptoms can be explained away, but the tests just keep getting darker and darker...

I too am too scared to get excited and when my other half and my mum try to talk about names, baby clothes, prams etc, I just get anxious and walk away. I can bring myself to think about that stuff. In my mind, it's all going to end soon. I feel like something is wrong. Paranoia is understatement.

From spending quite a bit of time here, I've come to realise that this is what we all go through and as stressful as it might be, it's quite normal.

The way I cope is to think the worst, so if it happens I won't be as disappointed. For some, the way to cope is to maintain a positive attitude. I guess it depends on the person.

All we can do is wait. Easier said than done though!

Apparently, when a woman has had a miscarriage in the past, the doctor will usually agree to an early scan. Alternatively you could go private. Private clinics will normally scan from 6 weeks. I wish I had that option but unfortunately, I just can't afford it. I'd love to be able to put my mind at rest though.

Good luck! x

An early scan is probably the best option but I would push for an early scan with your gp /midwife. I have had a couple of miscarriages and due to health issues normally get scanned as a matter of course. Failing that you can go private for about £65, it's not particularly cheap but I think it's worth it, 12 weeks is along time to wait xx

When I did my pregnancy test I was so excited but now I am into my 5 week I am starting to worry if I am still pregnant.......
I must be, still have sore boobs and no bleeding (however my last baby dies at 12 weeks and I never bled, I only found out at 13 weeks at my scan) so I am totally parinod.
It's such a long wait until my scan, I might ask my doctor if I should ave an early scan after what happened last time but no point yet as I don't think there will be a heart beat yet.
I can not wait until I can feel the baby move so I know for sure that it is still there and still alive!!
I just feel 'stale mate' if you know what I mean? It's like limbo, I am too scared to get really excited and think of names etc.
Does anyone else feel the same? How do you get through it?
:wave:

I'm in the same boat as you, my last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage which they found at 12 weeks. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow for my booking in appointment hopefully as long as she isn't called in tonight and I'm going to ask her to get me an early scan. I'd rather know now that its not growing than have the horrible moment at the 12 week scan when they can't find anything. I'm trying not to get too attached at the minute in case this one passes away so I totally understand where you're coming from on stale mate! :) Guess all we can do is try to remain positive and if you wanna chat just pm me :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back