Do the ups and downs ever get smaller?

Becky

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a mum to a daughter who will be 3 in May. Last year we decided to try for another baby and were very lucky to conceive very quickly. Unfortunately when we went for our 12 week scan we discovered that the baby had stopped growing at around 7 weeks so I'd had a Missed Miscarriage, anyway to cut the story short, I decided to go into hospital to help get things started as the (very nice) doctors and nursers said it was impossible to tell when my body might start to deal with things on its own.

So all went well and I got my period 30 days after which I thought was great (normally 28 ) but since then (m/c in October) my periods have been irregular , 33 and 35 days. The first couple of times my period was late I was extremely hopeful as the longest my cycle has ever been has been 30 days but that ended in disappointment. So I decided to just relax and let things take their course and I was doing so well until a good friend at work told me that she's pregnant.

I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, I am really really pleased for her, she's a great friend, but at the same time I'm devastated that it isn't me. Its also silly because I knew she was ttc but this is a shock to me. I guess I'm not over the m/c and I suppose I won't begin to be until after my "due date" is past. Its just that I was starting to feel really positive and patient and now all I can think about is being pregnant again, so I can "catch up" to my friend.

I hate this feeling of not being in control, constantly in a loop going round and round, feeling positive at the beginning of my cycle, doing all the right things at the right time, getting hopeful as my period is due and I start to have "symptoms" only to be disappointed when it arrives.

I know I'm not alone in this but I just feel like I need to share it.

hun you most certainly are not alone and im sorry your feeling this way i didnt want to read and run but just take your time and take things slowly

losing a baby is one of the worse things that can happen and its so natural for you to feel like this hun including jeolousy (sp) i was like that all the time my friends were pregnant and i kept thinking why not me.

i wish you all the best for the future hun and always here if you ever need to talk xx :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back