Dizzy Spells.....

twinmummy2be

Reaction score
Hi, over the last 2 weeks I have had a few horrible dizzy spells. The most recent being at lunchtime today. Was standing in a shop waiting for a friend to pay and I felt very hot. I went to stand outside the shop and everything starting to go blurry and i thought i would faint. My friend sat me down on a bench outside and i felt better after a few mins. We then went and got a drink before going home to make sure I was OK.

I had only been out with her for about 45 mins and had been resting this morning.

Gonna mention this at my consultant appointment tomorrow as i'm worried it might happen when I am on my own....

Has anyone else had this???

Yup i have had it happen a few times, i had to sit on the floor in the middle of woolworths :?

I spoke to my midwife about it and she says its cause i am not eating properly and she has prescribed me some iron tablets to.

Just make sure you eat enough and drink plenty and dont rush around or stand up to quick.

I am still not eating properly in the week but at the weekend when i did eat more i felt so much better.

Hope you feel better soon.

Its happened to me once and that was saturday night just gone - hadn't had any lunch and was in a stuffy pub & I got all hot and felt very sick and had to go outside in the freezing cold and sit down and compose myself was >this close< to fainting - silly me for not eating!!!

I've been having the same and at my consultants appointment a few days ago the midwife said I need more iron. I was anemic (sp?) before I fell pregnant so it was to be expected really. Only thing is, she didnt actually give me any iron tablets :roll:

Like Flame, I also feel a bit better after I've eaten :)

Ive had this too about 3 times. Its usually when ive been walking about for a long period of time, like when ive done a weekly shop. It just hits me straight away and i have to sit down within a few minutes or i'll faint. I get really hot, sweaty,fuzzy vision and extremely thirsty. Usually i feel better within seconds of having a nice cold drink of water ( or holding my head inside of woolworths drinks fridge to cool down :oops: ).

My midwife said as i have really good blood pressure measurements that nothing is wrong with me, so i have no idea why it happens. now i just try to make sure i don't drive alone incase it happens when im in the car!

if its really worring you, speak to your midwife, as its always better to have peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon :hug: .

Hi

Its happened to me as well and ive fallen down my stairs twice, its scary just make sure ot eat proper like everyone says and stay hydrated
Katrina

thanx as allways girls! :hug:

will mention it 2morrow so be on safe side as i thought i was eating well enough etc, and the tests I had at 14 weeks showed BP good, iron levels good and all that stuff. i think maybe i'm not having enough to drink cos that always makes me need the loo!

i do feel slightly better knowing it's not just me! (....not that i'm glad you've all felt poorly too of course!!!!! :doh: ).

I have had my checkup with the consultant today. They found nothing wrong with my BP or urine sample, and she said it's normal to get this and not to worry, it would have been a temporary dip in BP or blood sugar levels. Just need to eat smaller amounts throughout the day rather than sticking to the main 3 meals

To be on the safe side they've prescribed me with Pregaday tablets to increase my iron levels as with twins this can become a problem in the coming weeks

So all good news! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back