Discharge after giving birth

kellysomer

Reaction score
Hi guys, what with the joy of a newborn i havent been on for a while. What i wanted to ask was how long did you all have a discharge for after birth. I gave birth the normal way and still have a (blood tinged occasionally) yellow discharge which is very sticky and smells a bit too. The blood loss stopped about 3 weeks ago but this continues, its driving me mad! I am sure i heard that it should have stopped by now as Isla is 5 weeks today. I am not sore or anything down below and although i had a 2nd degree tear i didnt have stitches. We have had 'cuddles' a couple of times in the past 2 weeks and i wonder if this has prolonged it?

Any one know. Sorry for the gross post.
:oops:

yellow discharge which is very sticky and smells a bit too

hi kelly i have this too?? :oops:

mine is thick and browny some times yellow and dont smell nice i always feel so dirty...

wonder what it is?? :think:

Don't know :think: i just wonder if i have an infection?

I would say it's prob wrth speaking to GP about it, it could be an infection from your tear which is taking a while to clear up. But it could be harmless xx :)

Thanks Sami, i wondered if it might be to do with the tear too.

That pic of Damien on your ticker is so cute!

I had a section and i had the same as you for about 5-6 weeks. I was told it was perfectly normal. x

:think: i didnt need any stitches??

and i have it... but then again it was only 2weeks ago i gave birth il wait to my 6week check c if its cleared up

hi girls.
After having my son i had the same thing, the smell was so bad, i had no stiches either, anyway i had an infection, i had to have anitbiotics. Ide prob say its best to speak to ur hv or gp.
xx

I had the for about 6 7 weeks after giving birth and i got told it was normal and it was just your body seattling down after giving birth.

Yeap i had it for about 5 weeks too, i had stitches tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back