Disabled people scare children?

Its a shame parents have to hide behind their children as to disguise their own narrow mindedness

Children usually wouldn't notice. Heck, I often enough haven't noticed that someone had a limb missing until it was pointed out to me.

widowwadman said:
Children usually wouldn't notice. Heck, I often enough haven't noticed that someone had a limb missing until it was pointed out to me.
those parents have made me so angry, stupid bloody ignorant people

Last edited:
Even if a child were to notice, and ask about it, surely that's a positive thing. And it's good for the child to know that some people are different.

As for it 'frightening' children, I think that's ridiculous, some people are so absent minded :wall:

:wall: How stupid of the parents. Kids don't notice at all

i love how innocent kids are, they dnt care about things like that :roll: :roll:

kids only react like that if the parents show them it's a bad thing :wall:

personally i think she's a fab actress/entertainer and does a great job :)

Some parents need a kick up the ass, there are far worse things in this world then someone without a limb

:evil:
That poor woman!
Kids dont even care! If they do ask, you explain..then they carry on with life!
Its the parents that are bothered by it imho, not the kids :evil:

Thea hasn't noticed, to be honest i hadn't either until i read the thread on here about it ages ago.

Kids don't have that sort of prejudice, its not built in, its learned and it comes from the parents.

Cant believe people have complained!!! My eldest is nearly 7 & she did notice, but she is pretty observant. I explained to her how some people are different due to many reasons, & she had a few questions, which I tried to answer & she hasnt mentioned it since.

Im glad it was someone on tv, rather than her pointing someone out in the street IYKWIM.

Im glad it was someone on tv, rather than her pointing someone out in the street IYKWIM.

I agree! James is at the age where he notices things, but he doesn't understand why it's not appropriate to draw attension to it loudly. If he saw that presenter in the street he would say really loudly "why has that lady only got one arm?"
:oops:

Those parent quoted in that article sound like complete idiots, it's a shame that their kids have to grow up listening to their narrow minded rubbish :(

I agree! James is at the age where he notices things, but he doesn't understand why it's not appropriate to draw attension to it loudly. If he saw that presenter in the street he would say really loudly "why has that lady only got one arm?"
:oops:

Those parent quoted in that article sound like complete idiots, it's a shame that their kids have to grow up listening to their narrow minded rubbish :(

i have to laugh at this, with having a disabled son from birth, it's the other way around! adults are scared of disability. the amount of stares and comments you get when you have a disabled child.
as for the presenter, isn't she just a fact of life? like different races? gets me wound up, lol.

(also agree i prefer pui to this presenter or the other one with the squeeky voice who started with jelly, :p )

ah thats horrible its obviously the parents that dont like it and are using their kids as an escape. i have spoken to cerrie a few times as she goes to the same gym as me and she is a really lovely person and doesnt deserve this treatment. I also think shes a better presenter then pui, she seems much more enthusiastic and energetic. (by the way i dont just sit and watch cbeebies by myself, i look after a 2 and a half year old 4 days a week :) )

:lol: :lol: :lol: what sort of saddo with too much time on their hands would sit, analyse, then complain about this sort of thing. Ok, her lack of forearm might make her ineligible to be a Celtic chieftain but honestly.... kids just don't get bothered by this sort of thing, do they? :lol:

Shocking isnt. I was incensed when I heard them talking about it on theWright Stuff this morning.

One woman phoned in to say that it wasnt right and her arm should be covered up with a prosthetic arm. She felt her two young grandchildren were too young to have to see this at that time in the morning. Richard Bacon didnt hold back though, he gave her some cheek :lol:

I pointed the arm out to Jess and she just looked at me as if , so.

I cant believe in this day and age that people have nothing better to do than complain about a presenter with a shorter arm. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back