Dilemma

welshsarah4eva

Reaction score
my mum has always been selfish and has some problems she needs dealing with. recently she abandoned my two baby sisters they have gone into care but the thing is before this i found out i was pregnant n decided to keep the baby but now its so hard. i want this baby so much. im currently put myself to be assessed to have the children and the thing is i mite need to give up the baby which i cnt do. ill be assessed by the middle of december they r 2 n 5. can ne one help me?

I can't see any social services dept asking you to abort your own baby. how old are your little sisters? They may have concerns about you managing 3 children - but discuss it with them don't try and second guess what they're thinking

good luck - hope it all comes out happy :D

they r 2 and 5 but i work in a parenting assessment unit alongside social workers assessing parenting skills o i have got plenty of experience but im just scared theyl say i wont be able to cope :(

well see what they say - if they do have worries about you coping offer to take any classes/support they can offer. Is there another family member (like an aunt or something) who could offer to have them one night a week - so they know you get a break - I'm sure you know working where you do they'll offer loads of help to try and keep families together.

but make sure you talk to them and make sure you can identify any problems there might be - they'll trust you much more if it looks like you've considered any problems that may occur.

Obviously in the end its up to you - but think about how you'd feel if you gave up your child then Mum arrived and took the LOs back (it happens)

and remember the 18 yr old who took on her 4 younger siblings when their mum died - Social services supported her so you have a good chance :D

I know of a family of 5 kids, whose mother is in prison. The kids have different dads and the social services wanted to keep the siblings together.

The oldest sibling was 18 when his mum was sentenced to 10 yrs, and they gave him residency of his sibs, who at the time were 14yrs 11yrs 6 yrs and 6 months old.

They get support from social services, the baby gets a childminder several times a week, and there is a carer who goes in twice a day for an hour each time to cook clean etc.

Its my belief that social services try to keep siblings together if at all possible.

I certainly dont think you should give up your own child, social services should take your pregnancy into consideration.

You could also take some legal advice, just to see where you stand legally.

I hope it all works out for you and your little sibs xx

Wishing you luck, I can't see why they wouldn't give you custody of them.

It's going to be hard with three though, but if your strong I'm sure all will be well.

You sound like a great sister to have and these girls are lucky to have you fighting for them :hug:

massive good luck to you hun, you take care of you're baby sisters & you'll be a great mummy too. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back