Didnt think the week could get much worse but how wrong I was.

flaxen

Reaction score
As said in another thread I'm having a pretty crap week ahead of me.
I had to have bloods done this morning which is a major ordeal for me as am extremily hospital and needle phobic.

They were running an hour behind which doesnt help me in the slightest just sends me into a bigger panic, then there was a lady sat next to my other half who had the most awfull BO ever ( sorry if she is on here but it really was putrid) she smelt like she hadnt showered for months, the smell was soo overpowering and I was really struggling not to be sick, my other half had some lynx in the car which he sprayed into his coat so I could try and sniff that instead but it didnt really cancel the smell out.

The nurse managed to get bloods off me, ( why they have to take soo much is beyond me- horses dont have that much taken even when they have full profiles run) with oh pinning me down, have to lie down as faint else and she left us in the room as I wasnt in a fit state to go back to the waiting room.

I eventually saw the consultant who says they have to do a blood glucose test as my glucose is ++++ despite not having anything to eat or drink after 6pm yesterday, and they want to do it on monday, and our baby is measuring 3weeks smaller than she should be so they are worried that my placenta isnt doing its job properly and I have to have a scan at the same time.

So, not only do I have to have the ordeal of needles twice in a week but also twice in a day, I have to say goodbye to my old horse on saturday as she is being put down but Ive got the extra stress of baby not being as big as she should be which my mum will see as being my fault.

Also the being dizzy, fainting and constant nausea is something I will have to cope with as its not likely to go away til after she is born.

Ive really really had enough and dont Know how much more I can cope with!!!

aw u poor thing really sounds like your having a rough time of it all,how far along are u? im 35 weeks 2day and my baby is measuring too small aswell,been havin extra scans 2 keep an eye on things and when i next go on the 19th they want to induce me if theres no improvement.what makes u think that your mum will think its your fault if baby is small hun? its just 1 of them things that can happen,definatly not your fault.it is very worryin tho and i do kno how u feel.xxx

Oh hun :(

The high glucose could be the cause of the nausea/dizziness etc so once they have it under control they will hopefully ease off.

It all comes at once huh. Big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxx

PS our hospital does a "commuter clinic" for bloods....could you ask if yours does? it starts at 7am and while early there's very little delay as most people can't be bothered. Also you could ask your gp about "White Coat Syndrome" it's a fear of hospitals and related things, if you are recognised as suffering with this you could ask for priority on waiting rooms xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks guys, Im 28 weeks, my hospital dont really care about peoples fears and 1 midwife told me I was being stupid and pathetic and they are never on time and always run late.

So sorry Hun, you are having a really rough time. I'm not surprised you've had enough. I wish I could do or say something to help. We'll always be here for you whenever you need to let off steam. Sorry you need to have more blood tests but I am glad they are monitoring your LO :hug:

Sorry ur having such a rough time babe :( hopefully things will look up for u soon :hug:
Sorry to hear about ur horse babe it must be very hard for u on top of this pregnancy

How rude of the mw! Ur not silly or pathetic it's a genuine phobia and they should take it seriously as when u stress the baby stresses :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back