Did your 2nd baby come earlier than your first?

madmillie92

Reaction score
So my son was a week overdue.. And my daughter is due tomorrow.. I know first babies are supposed to be more likely to be overdue so does that mean she could come a bit earlier? I've had no symptoms apart from braxton hicks, even then I only get them when I've been walking and moving around... Also were your second labours quicker? I hate not knowing! It could be tonight or in two weeks, I don't have a clue and the control freak in me hates that :wall2:

Last edited:
my first was 10 days early and 5 hour labour, second was on due date and 7 hour labour, much more painful aswell!! Sorry that isnt what you want to hear! However i had over 8 years between them and was much younger and fitter with the first!

My first was 10 days late. Second was 6 days late but established labour of 1hr37 minutes so much faster.

XX

My eldest was 3 days early and my youngest was 3 days late, so they balance each other out :) 2nd labour was defo quicker though, and less traumatic. I had no tears, stitches, grazes, nothing - so much better than my 1st (although I only had a 1st degree tear with 1st so I was lucky - had a couple of very stingy grazes though!)

Well, she's here now so I can add my experience! She came 3 days earlier than my first, I had a sweep which put me straight into labour, otherwise I think I would have gone alot longer as her head wasn't fully engaged... My labour was alot more traumatic this time, had a big bleed and she got into distress, just about avoided the suction cup and episiotomy due to going from 5cm to 10 in less than an hour after they broke my waters, pushing was alot more painful this time I found aswell but the recovery times been quicker, 3 days pp and I'm not in much pain at all despite a few stitches!

My first baby was 39+2 labour 3 hours 45 minutes.

Second baby 40+4 (induced) labour 55 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back